News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RIP Taylor Hawkins, Drummer of the Foos

Started by kevinb1994, March 26, 2022, 12:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

jmacswimmer

I saw the news just after getting home from a different concert...so unbelievably tragic, especially as they were scheduled to perform this evening.  I just saw Foo Fighters this past August at Lollapalooza, and I'm seeing them again in May (wonder what will happen with that now).  Obviously you can never predict these things, but as a Foo fan I'm definitely forever thankful now that I saw them with Taylor this past August.

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

jakeroot

F****** awful news. I learned of it during a Billie Eilish concert that I just got out of. Moment of silence.

DandyDan

I'm thankful I got to see them twice, particularly the Madison show in 2017. I only saw them because I decided I was driving through Madison on the way to my friend's place in Illinois, looked up what was happening that day and found out Foo Fighters were playing. My guess is on future albums, Dave does the drums and they find someone who is basically a touring drummer each tour.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Ted$8roadFan

Awful news. He was great. I loved his lead performance in the Dee Gees' "Shadow Dancing" . RIP.

SectorZ

Dude was a great drummer, and even a pretty good singer the occasional times he did it. RIP Taylor.

jmacswimmer

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

kevinb1994

Quote from: jmacswimmer on March 29, 2022, 04:18:10 PM
The Foo Fighters have now cancelled all upcoming tour dates:

https://pitchfork.com/news/foo-fighters-cancel-tour-dates-after-death-of-drummer-taylor-hawkins/

[tweet]1508878928105988096[/tweet]?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Sorry to hear that the concert was canceled. But these are times to heal and reflect. Pun not intended.

Henry

I caught the news on KISW, and (along with every other rock station) they're probably planning a tribute to the band if they haven't already. Good call on cancelling the concerts, because this is clearly a terrible loss for them.

R.I.P. Taylor Hawkins
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

hbelkins

Drug-related. He had something like 10 intoxicants in his system.

I don't know that I've ever seen a musician that smiled as big as he did.

Believe it or not, I'm not familiar with their work, although from what I gather, I'd probably like them.

Their tribute to Rush at the RRHOF induction was epic. I've seen a video of it.

I remember there was another band that was of the same vintage of the Foo Fighters that I figured would sound similar to them, and always said I wanted to check them out, but never did. And now I've forgotten the name of that band. Any suggestions that might ring a bell?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.