News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-65 expansion from Indy to Chicago?

Started by msunat97, March 26, 2022, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyPesos

Quote from: dvferyance on May 02, 2022, 03:22:09 PM
Quote from: silverback1065 on April 04, 2022, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on April 04, 2022, 08:26:36 PM
The part from US 231 to SR 2 was overkill enough. Why go even further? While I supported the widening from US 30 to US 231 100% going all the way to SR 2 was not needed and was a waste of money. It's not that busy it did not need 3 lanes.
Can you post the traffic study you did to warrant that opinion?
Just take a drive down there. Have you ever been there? Nothing but cornfields as for as the eye can see. The development stops around 231 by then you are out of Chicagoland.
Your traffic study had no mention of the road itself, just the surroundings.

silverback1065

Quote from: dvferyance on May 02, 2022, 03:22:09 PM
Quote from: silverback1065 on April 04, 2022, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on April 04, 2022, 08:26:36 PM
Quote from: tdindy88 on March 29, 2022, 10:35:02 AM
Yeah, that Mt. Comfort to SR 3 part should be the next thing to be widened along I-70, I think it may very well begin this year.

Back to I-65 from Indy to Chicago, I would imagine that the part from SR 10 to SR 2 would be more imminent than not since they went through the trouble of widening those bridges over the Kankakee River. I would guess that widening that would be pretty simple at this stage. As for where to go next, I think they should finish widening I-65 from SR 47 up to SR 28 to create a six-lane corridor from I-865 to Lafayette. Then they can slowly go north from there and work on the White/Jasper County portion of the highway.
The part from US 231 to SR 2 was overkill enough. Why go even further? While I supported the widening from US 30 to US 231 100% going all the way to SR 2 was not needed and was a waste of money. It's not that busy it did not need 3 lanes.
Can you post the traffic study you did to warrant that opinion?
Just take a drive down there. Have you ever been there? Nothing but cornfields as for as the eye can see. The development stops around 231 by then you are out of Chicagoland.

Driven it multiple times, I question whether you have  :-D

ITB

According to an Indianapolis Business Journal report, INDOT is planning a new I-65 interchange in Boone County. The proposed interchange at County Road 300 N is to facilitate access to the LEAP innovation and research district where Eli Lilly plans to build a major manufacturing facility.

Under the principles of Fair Use, here's a part of the article:

Quote...

Preparation for an interchange coincides with state moves to advance the LEAP Innovation and Research District, a project spearheaded by the Indiana Economic Development Corp. that will occupy upward of 7,000 acres along the western and northern outskirts of Lebanon.

The district’s northern section—which will be anchored by a $2.1 billion advanced manufacturing project by Eli Lilly and Co. announced in May—will extend as far out as West County Road 450 North.

INDOT last month notified local and state officials—as well as a handful of outside organizations—that it is proceeding with improvements to the I-65 corridor. In its notification letter, the agency said the project is being driven by the innovation district and continued growth in Boone County.

“The purpose of the proposed [interchange] project is to provide improved mobility and direct access to the areas east and west of I-65, north of Lebanon, including future planned land uses,” the June 21 correspondence said. “Additionally, the purpose of the proposed project is to reduce future traffic congestion that is expected as a result of the anticipated economic development” in those areas.

The entire article can be read here.

Edit: grammar

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.