News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

"Creepiest" Suburbs?

Started by CapeCodder, July 01, 2022, 11:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

I think Kinloch, Missouri might be the winner, look at that place.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: GCrites80s on July 10, 2022, 10:03:36 PM
Powell, Ohio. Tries to be kitschy but fails due to trying too hard and lacking the substance that its neighboring competitors Dublin, Worthington and Westerville all have in their cores.

I thought you'd go with the heart of the "uncool crescent," Obetz.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

GCrites

Hmmm not really, "depressing" isn't all that that creepy to me.

zzcarp

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 13, 2022, 10:55:53 AM
Powell, Ohio. Tries to be kitschy but fails due to trying too hard and lacking the substance that its neighboring competitors Dublin, Worthington and Westerville all have in their cores.

Well, if we're going with Columbus suburbs, I'd say Gahanna. That is where I had my first encounter with a bad cop who was apparently upset I gave someone a ride home late at night. He asked what I was doing, I told him. He asked the same question again, and I repeated the answer. He then said, "Get out of the car! You're mine!" and I was thrown in the back of his cop car. After multiple cop cars showed up, a complete search (for which I never gave consent), and questioning of my friends, he finally released me and said he wouldn't have done anything if I hadn't shown an "attitude" to him. Perhaps it was the repeated questions that gave me the "attitude", but this guy really thought he was going to get a big bust or something.

Now, if we want a truly creepy suburb in Ohio, it's East Cleveland. Many buildings are boarded up or dilapidated, it has very little tax base, and the city cannot provide its basic services and has even tried to get Cleveland proper to annex them.
So many miles and so many roads

GaryV

Royal Oak Township. It's so bad none of the adjacent cities want to annex it.

GCrites

Quote from: zzcarp on July 13, 2022, 11:43:32 AM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 13, 2022, 10:55:53 AM

Well, if we're going with Columbus suburbs, I'd say Gahanna. That is where I had my first encounter with a bad cop who was apparently upset I gave someone a ride home late at night. He asked what I was doing, I told him. He asked the same question again, and I repeated the answer. He then said, "Get out of the car! You're mine!" and I was thrown in the back of his cop car. After multiple cop cars showed up, a complete search (for which I never gave consent), and questioning of my friends, he finally released me and said he wouldn't have done anything if I hadn't shown an "attitude" to him. Perhaps it was the repeated questions that gave me the "attitude", but this guy really thought he was going to get a big bust or something.

Some people really think the answer is going to change if they ask the same question a bunch of times. It's a manipulation technique and it actually works sometimes. I don't know what they think the answer is going to change to. If the male abuser got to have sex a time or to because they used this technique they will repeat it constantly in other situations.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.