News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Finally decided to join

Started by TheRhodeGeek, March 04, 2023, 01:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRhodeGeek

Title should explain everything. In case you don't know, I'm from a small state and I think I'm one of the younger members here (currently not driving age as of this post) but I've been a fan of geography ever since I was a child.
Limon and Breezewood should not be control cities!

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts! I joined when I was 14.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kurumi

Welcome from extreme western Connecticut! (grew up near Hartford, live in California now). The road bug bit me around age 7.

Lucky you; when you get your license, you can clinch your state in a weekend :-)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

CometTheMountainLion

Welcome from the land of signage that LooKs like tHIs !
I just joined recently myself.
My terms:

Greater I-45 - I-45 plus US-75 and US-69 to Big Cabin, OK.

CraIGs or CraIGeSQuE- Any sign similar to the late infamous “CraIG COUntY” sign.

MATraveler128

Welcome from not too far away in Massachusetts.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Roadgeekteen

Welcome! And I love the anti-Limon content! I joined when I was 13.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alex

Welcome to the board!

I've loved roads and maps for as long as I can remember, so you're in good company here.

jlam

Welcome! I'm another of the young guns on here and have loved Geography for as long as I remember. You'll fit in well.

JoePCool14

Welcome aboard! Add me to the list of members who joined the board at a young age (in my case, 12).

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Bruce

Welcome from a county the size of your state. I also joined (properly) as a teenager and have had no real issues here, other than cringing at some of my older posts.

tckma

Welcome.  I used to live in Massachusetts, though at this point it was probably before you were born.  The roadgeek bug bit me when I was about 6 or 7 years old.

Quote from: TheRhodeGeek on March 04, 2023, 01:33:39 PM
(currently not driving age as of this post)

You don't have to be a driver to attend a meetup!  Many folks carpool.  Consider attending one near you: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0
Though, if I'd found this forum as a teenager, I bet I'd have had a VERY difficult time convincing my parents to let me attend a roadgeek meetup.  "Strangers from the Internet driving you around?  No way!"  Knowing that I was the type who asked for road maps for my birthday and Christmas, though, they might have let me.  *shrug*

I don't remember when I found this forum, but I attended my first roadgeek meetup in 2016.  I don't attend often as my wife has little interest in it and it's therefore difficult to do any meets that aren't local to me.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.