News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

TV Shows Lasting one more season after star leaves

Started by roadman65, July 17, 2021, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

How long did designing Women last after Delta Burke fled?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

golden eagle

Not necessarily the same thing, but Good Times went on after John Amos left after season three. Esther Rolle left after season four, but came back in the sixth and final season.

Redd Foxx reprised his role as Fred Sanford in Sanford, which lasted two seasons. Demond Wilson, who played Lamont, refused to take part in the show; thus, the reason only being called Sanford.

XamotCGC

Quote from: roadman65 on August 25, 2021, 10:17:49 PM
How long did designing Women last after Delta Burke fled?

2 more seasons.  I don't know if this counts or not Jean Smart also left in season 5.
Roads clinched.
State Routes: Kentucky:  KY 208 KY 289 KY 555 KY 2154 KY 245 KY 1195

abefroman329

Quote from: US71 on July 18, 2021, 08:47:22 PM
Roseann/ The Connors ?

There have been two full seasons without Roseanne and the third season starts shortly.

Party Down after Jane Lynch left, although there were only two seasons in total.

Shameless (US) after Emmy Rossum left.

LM117

Two and a Half Men went on for 4 more seasons after Charlie Sheen got the boot for being an asshole. It didn't take long for the show to go to shit afterwards. The only reason the show even lasted that long was because of Chuck Lorre's ego, IMO. He (and CBS) thought he could prove that the show would still be a success without Charlie and it failed. Ending that show was a mercy killing. The first 8 seasons with Charlie were the best and the only ones I have on DVD.

I'd say lessons were learned from that, given that The Big Bang Theory was canned the moment Jim Parsons decided he was done.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.