News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Interstate 210/ CA 210

Started by Interstate Trav, March 15, 2012, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulkyorled

Its on both sides of Lowell, the WB one is the bad one haha
Your local illuminated sign enthusiast

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

CenVlyDave

Well, the main point is that they were city installed.  I also remember, thinking of mis-signing roads, that there was an erroneous US-241 shield on a sign assembly in Orange County someplace.  What was Caltrans thinking on that one?  :wow:

blawp

There's a US 210 trailblazer in Pasadena on eastbound California just before Orange Grove.

Interstate Trav

Quote from: blawp on April 14, 2012, 10:04:47 PM
There's a US 210 trailblazer in Pasadena on eastbound California just before Orange Grove.

A US 210 TrailBlazer?  wow that would be neat to have a pictue of.

bulkyorled

Snapped a pic of it this morning, conveniently was in the area. The sign actually looks very new. So they booboo'd on it. You can't see it on Google Maps for some reason they blurred it out

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

agentsteel53

Quote from: bulkyorled on April 17, 2012, 04:34:13 AM

Snapped a pic of it this morning, conveniently was in the area. The sign actually looks very new. So they booboo'd on it. You can't see it on Google Maps for some reason they blurred it out

it is brand new.  it replaced another US-210 sign, which I photographed sometime in late 2010 or early 2011.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

blawp

agentsteel53

jake@aaroads.com

blawp

Alps

You can't see it on Google Maps for some reason they blurred it out
That's because it is a face.

bulkyorled

They dont know what a face is  :ded: I was looking in Tulare and it might still be there somewhere at an intersection there was a guy with a snack cart, they blurred out the cotton candy he was selling but his face was left unblurred. Whoops  :pan:

Interstate Trav

Thanks for the picture.

subzeroepsilon

Quote from: Interstate Trav on April 12, 2012, 05:15:51 PM
Doesn't Portland get mentioned before Sacramento on I-5 north?

as for Portland, there used to be a 600+ mile sign for it near CA-12 in Stockton, but that is gone.  I believe the first mention of it is just north of Sacramento on a mileage sign, while the first use as a control city is likely the CA-89 junction as mentioned by myosh_tino.  Redding is the intermediate control city north of Sacramento.

Oh I miss typed my question, I meant the sign you were talking about for Portland, the 600 plus mileage sign, I know it doesn't get mentioned in Los Angeles.  I had meant when is the first time it is even mentioned. 

https://www.aaroads.com/california/images005/i-005_nb_exit_487_02.jpg

This is sign has been since replaced by a reflective green sign just as the left lane ends on NB I-5 past the CA-12 interchange [Exit 485]. I just saw it there about two weeks ago when I was going to visit my parents in Sacramento.

SIDE NOTE:
The funny thing about that mileage is that it is off by about 20 miles. Using Cal-NEXUS data, the highest milepost on I-5 in CA is 797 at the Oregon border. Since this occurs at Exit 485, we add a mile north of the interchange and take 797 - 486 = 311. Add to that the 308 miles that ODOT posts for I-5 in Oregon, and you only get 619. This means that the mileage given by that sign puts you at WA milepost 9 (two miles north of the northern I-5/205 junction in Vancouver WA). A closer approximation would be about 610 or 611.

agentsteel53

Quote from: subzeroepsilon on April 18, 2012, 11:36:10 PM

https://www.aaroads.com/california/images005/i-005_nb_exit_487_02.jpg

This is sign has been since replaced by a reflective green sign just as the left lane ends on NB I-5 past the CA-12 interchange [Exit 485]. I just saw it there about two weeks ago when I was going to visit my parents in Sacramento.

I missed it, then, the last time I drove through there.  shows how much recall I have for retroreflective signs.

jake@aaroads.com

CenVlyDave

So, we have misplaced CA-210 shields in Glendale and now a US-210 shield in Pasadena?  What's next a county route 210 sign in Monrovia?  Then we would have all the bases covered, lol.

agentsteel53

Quote from: CenVlyDave on April 24, 2012, 02:54:55 PM

So, we have misplaced CA-210 shields in Glendale and now a US-210 shield in Pasadena?  What's next a county route 210 sign in Monrovia?  Then we would have all the bases covered, lol.

we'd need at least one Alabama state route.  maybe a Pennsylvania too.

jake@aaroads.com

hm insulators

Quote from: blawp on April 14, 2012, 10:04:47 PM

Somebody in Pasadena is certainly not paying attention! And I guess I haven't really paid attention to the "California 210" signs by Lowell Avenue, even though when I visit California, I often use Lowell to get from Tujunga, where my friend Joe lives, to get at the 210. I'm not the "sign geek" that some road fans are, and having grown up in La Canada, I'm familiar enough with the area that I don't need the signs to tell me how to get to the freeway, of course. So I just haven't paid attention.

Next time I'm in California, I'll have to remember to try to check out the "US 210" sign.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

bulkyorled

The Pasadena one is terrible especially if they replaced an old sign that also had the US-210 on it with a new one with the same booboo on it

CenVlyDave

I have a job interview tomorrow in Simi Valley.  I will probably be surface-roading it back to Rancho Cucamonga after the interview, considering my interview will be at 3 pm.  I will have to use Orange Grove and look for that sign myself.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.