AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-57 Approved  (Read 100310 times)

MikieTimT

• Last Login: December 06, 2021, 09:23:19 PM
Re: I-57 Approved
« Reply #775 on: December 06, 2021, 08:36:02 AM »

Drove up that way for Turkey Day and I hope I'm eyeballing the inside and outside shoulders incorrectly, because both seemed way short of interstate specs on the new construction up to the Heber exit.

The 2-mile Jax segment between Vandenburg and Main hasn't been touched yet. In fact, weeds are growing in the road cracks. They need to dig that shit up when they terraform Mars.

Shoulders and ramps need work for sure.  They're pretty much going to need to consider 6-laning everything through Jacksonville, if that already isn't the plan, so they'll need to push the main carriageways all the way to the edge of the access roads and separate with barrier.  The tricky part of the Jacksonville work is going to be the James St. overpass as they will need to redo the dirtwork under it to make room for shoulder widening/6 laning.

James St. Overpass

capt.ron

• Last Login: Today at 12:52:28 AM
Re: I-57 Approved
« Reply #776 on: Today at 12:52:28 AM »

Drove up that way for Turkey Day and I hope I'm eyeballing the inside and outside shoulders incorrectly, because both seemed way short of interstate specs on the new construction up to the Heber exit.

The 2-mile Jax segment between Vandenburg and Main hasn't been touched yet. In fact, weeds are growing in the road cracks. They need to dig that shit up when they terraform Mars.

Shoulders and ramps need work for sure.  They're pretty much going to need to consider 6-laning everything through Jacksonville, if that already isn't the plan, so they'll need to push the main carriageways all the way to the edge of the access roads and separate with barrier.  The tricky part of the Jacksonville work is going to be the James St. overpass as they will need to redo the dirtwork under it to make room for shoulder widening/6 laning.

James St. Overpass
6 laning is definitely in the works on 67 (Future I-57) in Jacksonville and it will be one nasty mess once it gets started. And as already stated, James St will have to have its overpass removed and reconfigured to make way for the wider freeway.
The shoulders, both inner and outer are substandard through Jacksonville. Once you pass Vandenburg (exit 11) heading north, you will be greeted by an extra traffic lane and wider shoulders, both inner and outer and they are wide enough to be "interstate" quality. In fact, the i-30 Arkansas River bridge is NOT interstate standard given the narrow outer shoulders.
Also, according to ARDOT's STIP, the section of US 67 from exit 16 to 19 is also slated to be replaced in the not too distant future (expanding from 4 to 6 lanes).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.