Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Interstate 11 alignment, though Vegas and points north

(1/183) > >>

swbrotha100:
MOD NOTE: Original thread title was "Public Input Sought On Interstate 11" –Roadfro

Link to story is below. I don't know if NDOT or ADOT have asked about the public's opinion of the proposed I-11 before now.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/public-input-sought-on-interstate-11-plan-173919851.html

OCGuy81:
It's been a very long time since i was on 93 heading south from I-40 near Kingman, but I don't recall it being a super busy stretch of road, though this was at least 10 years ago.  I'm assuming I-11 would follow 93, with a possible bypass around Wickenburg and then following 60 into Phoenix? Is there enough traffic along the existing route to justify this?

Occidental Tourist:

--- Quote from: OCGuy81 on October 18, 2012, 09:46:01 AM ---It's been a very long time since i was on 93 heading south from I-40 near Kingman, but I don't recall it being a super busy stretch of road, though this was at least 10 years ago.  I'm assuming I-11 would follow 93, with a possible bypass around Wickenburg and then following 60 into Phoenix? Is there enough traffic along the existing route to justify this?

--- End quote ---

It looks like south of Wickenburg, I-11 would follow the proposed Hassayampa Freeway, which makes sense, as 60 between Phoenix and Wickenburg is hemmed in by the railroad and roadside businesses until Sun City Grand and then by suburban development south of that.

Bigmikelakers:
The proposed Hassayampa Freeway sure runs west of Phoenix. Its almost out by Tonopah. That area is not developed at all yet. I wonder if its construction would spur future development? I also noticed its proposed route has it curving around to the south of Metro Phoenix. Sort of like a partial beltway bypass route. Very cool. And if the White Tank Freeway is built, US 60 traffic can easily meet with it to head northwest into Vegas.

JasonOfORoads:
Build it from Vegas to Reno, so that our two largest metro areas can finally be connected by Interstate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version