News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Buisiest non numbered route?

Started by Roadgeekteen, September 23, 2017, 03:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

epzik8

I have Joppa Road in Baltimore County, Maryland.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

WillWeaverRVA

Parham Road and Laburnum Avenue in Henrico County, Virginia are quite busy.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

hotdogPi

Let's start with some actual numbers.

Storrow Drive in Boston at its junction with Mass Ave.: 89800 AADT (in 2006)
I don't know if this is the one-way or two-way total.

I also checked the Lowell Connector, but its AADT is lower.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Beltway

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 23, 2017, 03:11:13 PM
Probably an urban freeway.

NJTP south of the PA Tpk connector?  No route number is posted on the highway.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

oscar

Maybe part of Florida's Turnpike in Orlando or south of West Palm Beach, though it has unposted route numbers for its two segments.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jp the roadgeek

Pretty much any Manhattan main thoroughfare.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

ilpt4u

Clark St and Addison St in Chicago on Cubs Game Days =)

sparker

Here in San Jose, it'd likely be a toss-up among the following streets:
(a) Blossom Hill Road, a E-W thoroughfare across the southern end of town.
(b) Monterey Road (former CA 82), still the main way to get from downtown to the southeast side or Coyote Valley.
(c) North First Street:  essentially Silicon Valley's "Main Street", with Cisco, Oracle, and others arrayed along its length.
(d) Coleman Avenue:  the other main route from downtown SJ to the tech area north and NW of downtown.

If they weren't numbered as county routes (G2, G4, G6, G8, and G21), the regional expressways would certainly qualify.

Technically, Blossom Hill is County Road G10; but the reassurance shields disappeared long ago except for the west-end connection to CA 17 and CA 9 on Saratoga-Los Gatos Road and Los Gatos Blvd. (old CA 17).  CSAA maps still show the route as posted, but the in-field experience indicates otherwise.  Since the CA 85 freeway was opened a quarter-century ago, Blossom Hill is no longer the through route across southern SJ -- but the fact that it "hops" between shopping centers (and the only Dunkin Donuts in the area!) ensures a high traffic count. 

wxfree

Dallas North Tollway has numbers as high as 174,000.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

SectorZ

Quote from: 1 on September 23, 2017, 03:43:29 PM
Let's start with some actual numbers.

Storrow Drive in Boston at its junction with Mass Ave.: 89800 AADT (in 2006)
I don't know if this is the one-way or two-way total.

I also checked the Lowell Connector, but its AADT is lower.

The irony is that they each were numbered, though the Lowell Connector being numbered was debatable and barely signed.

cl94

How are we defining "numbered"? Posted number or any numerical designation even if secret? If secret routes don't count as numbered, Metro New York takes the cake. Garden State Parkway (can't find counts but likely near 200K), Grand Central Parkway (highest non-forecast volumes slightly under 190K near I-495), and Southern State Parkway (forecast says 214K near Hempstead Lake) have ridiculous volumes.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

bing101

FDR Drive its gotta be the busiest parkway that's not numbered in New York State.

cl94

Quote from: bing101 on September 24, 2017, 02:03:28 PM
FDR Drive its gotta be the busiest parkway that's not numbered in New York State.

Highest is 176K just south of the Triborough Bridge. Grand Central, Southern State, and Belt have higher sections.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Max Rockatansky

Bell Road in the Phoenix area comes to mind past tense.  Clovis Avenue in the Fresno area can get a little out of hand with traffic and speed.

Walleye2013

It could also be Peña Boulevard in Denver, though less people use it now that the A Line is open.

bing101

Vasco Road its the busiest non Caltrans road in the San Francisco area. Originally there were talks that CA-84 was going to be on Vasco Road to bridge the gap between the Sacramento/Solano section of CA-84 with the Menlo Park to Livermore portion of CA-84.

cbeach40

2010 AADT for Toronto's Gardiner Expressway was 228,000. Taking typical growth rates for a freeway like that there it's probably around 262,000 today.
and waterrrrrrr!

Brandon

Prior to its designation as IL-390, the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway would've been eligible.

Other non-numbered (and not posted) routes would include:

North end of Lake Shore Drive between Foster Avenue (where US-41 leaves) to Hollywood Boulevard.
Stony Island Avenue between the Bishop Ford Freeway (I-94) and Cornell Drive.
22nd Street/Cermak Road east of Butterfield Road (IL-56).
Lower Wacker Drive.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

roadman65

The Parkway in NJ.  It may be NJ 444, but does anyone other than us know it.

The ACE too, but I am only guessing that it has very busy traffic.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: cl94 on September 24, 2017, 01:48:52 PM
How are we defining "numbered"? Posted number or any numerical designation even if secret? If secret routes don't count as numbered, Metro New York takes the cake. Garden State Parkway (can't find counts but likely near 200K), Grand Central Parkway (highest non-forecast volumes slightly under 190K near I-495), and Southern State Parkway (forecast says 214K near Hempstead Lake) have ridiculous volumes.
Not signned.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

bzakharin

Quote from: roadman65 on September 27, 2017, 12:45:48 PM
The Parkway in NJ.  It may be NJ 444, but does anyone other than us know it.

The ACE too, but I am only guessing that it has very busy traffic.
ACE is only busy seasonally and during certain times of the week/day. The Parkway is pretty much always busy in places. By the way, is the GSP section in New York State numbered even internally?

mrsman

Have we ever decided that the westernmost segment of the San Bernardino freeway is numbered?  Most of the freeway is I-10, but I-10 is signed as joining I-5 to connect to the Santa Monica Freeway.  So the section between I-5 Golden State Feeway and US 101 Santa Ana Freeway is unnumbered.  Eastbound its signed as I-10, but it's not I-10; westbound it's signed as US 101, but it's not US 101. If this counts, this roadway has to be amongst the busiest as it connects the San Gabriel Valley with Downtown LA.

Hurricane Rex

Oregon: Urban road I can't pinpoint or Delta Highway in Eugene: 50,000 AADT
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

catsynth

NYC's Grand Central Parkway, FDR Drive, perhaps?
http://www.catsynth.com
Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

Completed 2di: I-80, I-87 (NY), I-84 (E), I-86 (E), I-97, I-44

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.