National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Cumberland, MD Meet - Saturday, October 21, 2023

<< < (14/14)

Bitmapped:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on October 22, 2023, 09:08:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: akotchi on October 22, 2023, 08:22:45 AM ---Enjoyed the meet yesterday.  Thanks to Laura and Dan for setting this all up.

I suspect we made our tour guide's day at the LaVale toll gate house.

--- End quote ---

Yes thank you.  I am planning to take my parents to the toll gate house at some point.

--- End quote ---

Just as a heads up for next year (since yesterday was the last day for the 2023 season), even in-season, there are a pretty limited number of days the toll house is open. Allegany County CVB generally posts about it on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MountainMaryland

Laura:
Thank you all so much for coming on Saturday!! It was such a memorable meet - and I agree that we made our tour guide's day at the LaVale Toll House.

Thank you also for the wonderful surprise, Froggie!!

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: froggie on October 22, 2023, 07:05:06 AM ---Think it's safe to say I shocked a few people with my arrival...

--- End quote ---

Now we know why you were suggesting a few extra spots at the lunch table.

froggie:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 23, 2023, 10:08:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: froggie on October 22, 2023, 07:05:06 AM ---Think it's safe to say I shocked a few people with my arrival...

--- End quote ---

Now we know why you were suggesting a few extra spots at the lunch table.

--- End quote ---

That's a good idea in general anyway.

froggie:
For those who were at the meet (and/or those who are railfans), check out this video starting around 17:24.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version