National Boards > General Highway Talk

Minor Crash? Move Over!

<< < (2/13) > >>

wanderer2575:

--- Quote from: RoadRage2023 on September 23, 2023, 02:04:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: wanderer2575 on September 23, 2023, 01:44:15 PM ---My guess is they (particularly the motorist not at fault) think moving the vehicles will mess up the evidence of what happened and who is at fault for the police report.

--- End quote ---

Why should there be police reports for fender benders? Waste of time, and doesn't justify blocking the road for everyone else. Just so someone can get their "rightful money" to repair a barely visible dent in the car. It should be a $500 fine and 6 license points for stopping in the middle of the highway when both cars are still driveable.

--- End quote ---

I'm answering your question, not defending the practice.  If you're going to file an insurance claim, the insurer will want a police report.  A lot of people think that requires having an officer come to the site.

Are you Crash_It with a different username?  Lord knows your username here tells us everything we need to know about you.

RoadRage2023:
How does 2 cars stuck in the middle of the road show what happened? Maybe it shows who hit who but not who was at fault?

Am I what with a different username?? I just signed up 2 days ago. I chose this username cause it is very fitting with NYC. I don't "road rage" myself but you'll feel like it at least 10x a day when driving in NYC

Congestion pricing just doesn't seem like it's going to reduce traffic. Those who don't have cars already it is not going to effect, and those rich enough to afford an apartment and a car in Manhattan aren't going to care. Other drivers it may punish but still have no choice but to cut across Manhattan. Mass Transit advocates don't seem to realize it can take 3-4 train connections to travel in the city. I used to do it all the time before I had a driver's license and it was hell.

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: RoadRage2023 on September 23, 2023, 02:47:07 PM ---Am I what with a different username?? I just signed up 2 days ago. I chose this username cause it is very fitting with NYC. I don't "road rage" myself but you'll feel like it at least 10x a day when driving in NYC

--- End quote ---

Blowing the horn passing a crash in which your opinion says they should have moved the vehicles is pretty much the definition of road rage.

RoadRage2023:
I disagree. It is signaling that they shouldn't be blocking the road. Road rage is more like leaning on the horn for a car that didn't go through a yellow light so you could pass. Or over-reacting to being cut off. I've had to slam on my brakes and swerve to avoid stopped cars in the middle lane around a curve where they weren't visible. It's more like a "what the hell are you doing?" honk. They cause more accidents and should get a ticket for doing that.

Mapmikey:

--- Quote from: RoadRage2023 on September 23, 2023, 03:00:21 PM --- They cause more accidents and should get a ticket for doing that.

--- End quote ---

How do you know they don't get ticketed?  Or how do you know there aren't injuries?  Or that there isn't debris that will still be in the lane for traffic to run over after the cars move (or do you also require broom swept pavement from the participants)? Or that there are other impatient drivers who don't stop so that they could move to a shoulder? Or are fluent in honk to interpret your supposed "non road rage" intent?

My experience in the DC area is that crashes in a middle lane tend to stay there until first responders arrive to help get them off the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version