User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

JMoses24's Road Pictures

(1/14) > >>

JMoses24:
I will be posting my road photos in this here thread. Many of these will be from the pedestrian perspective. I do not drive. (It's a long story, but the short version: I'm paralyzed below my waist, and have issues with hand tremors, which are treated like seizures by the state.)

I'll start it with some scenes from my hometown of Florence, KY.

Non-cutout I-71/75 signage. This is roughly half a mile before you reach the ramps between Mall Road and the interstate, which is only a half interchange because you cannot access I-71/75 South from Mall Road, nor is there direct access from I-75/71 North to Mall Road.

Look, it's a state name shield for I-75! I-71/75 at the Kentucky Route 18 interchange. There are several more state name shields at this interchange (at least four, maybe a couple more).

JMoses24:
I also put this in the "Worst of Road Signs" Thread, but I wanted to place it here, too. This is at the intersection of KY 18 and Mall Road. What's up with this font? Is this just the really bold standard font, or does this not belong here?

formulanone:

--- Quote from: JMoses24 on January 20, 2013, 04:45:09 AM ---I'll start it with some scenes from my hometown of Florence, KY.

Non-cutout I-71/75 signage. This is roughly half a mile before you reach the ramps between Mall Road and the interstate, which is only a half interchange because you cannot access I-71/75 South from Mall Road, nor is there direct access from I-75/71 North to Mall Road.
--- End quote ---

I saw a number of those around the various construction areas around Florence back in October, there seems to be no lack of reminders that there's an interstate nearby.

--- Quote ---Many of these will be from the pedestrian perspective. I do not drive. (It's a long story, but the short version: I'm paralyzed below my waist, and have issues with hand tremors, which are treated like seizures by the state.)
--- End quote ---

...now I feel guilty that I don't get out of my car enough when a' travelling (although usually most of my roading about comes on Mondays, when I either have to get to my weekly work assignment, or Fridays, with a possible race-to-the-clock to make my flight on time).

JMoses24:

--- Quote from: formulanone on January 21, 2013, 09:33:57 PM ---...now I feel guilty that I don't get out of my car enough when a' travelling (although usually most of my roading about comes on Mondays, when I either have to get to my weekly work assignment, or Fridays, with a possible race-to-the-clock to make my flight on time).

--- End quote ---

No need to feel guilty. We all have different ways to do our roadgeeking. The majority of mine just happens to be done by wheelchair or bus. Which, in fact, I did a bit of this today in Cincinnati and will post the photos at some point in the next couple days.

JMoses24:
A few recent photos taken from the roads of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. The first two were taken last Wednesday, as my brother and I drove from Florence to Sharonville, Ohio and back.

I-75 between Dixie Highway and Kyles Lane.

A little further up, this is the view coming down the hill toward downtown. This will change as the Brent Spence reconstruction begins this decade.

This last one was taken Saturday, and is a photo taken from a Cincinnati Metro bus. It's at the interchange between I-75, Central Parkway (aka US 27/US 127), and I-74.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version