News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Graffiti roads and highways

Started by Mr. Matté, July 17, 2022, 09:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matté

Is this a phenomenon outside of a few examples on the East Coast?

Of course, the most famous example of this was the abandoned section of PA 61 outside of Centralia, but that was "decomissioned" when the private owner of the road covered it with dirt in 2020.

The closest example to me is a random back road in Ocean County, NJ where a short stretch is covered up with all sorts of tags. It probably more relates to an abandoned brick factory nearby in the Pineys which is also graffitied up. Photo of the densest part from a ride I did today:

There was another example I found Youtubing last night- it's an abandoned bridge north of Reading, PA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p9gGQGsJqE

The recently paved approach to Rays Hill Tunnel on the Abandoned PA Turnpike also has tags all over it based on pics I saw.

The NJ example is the only one that is on an actively used roadway (albeit a lightly used one). Are there any other examples of such active roads tagged up?

Max Rockatansky

Wards Ferry Road is the king of graffiti in California:

IMG_8812 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Big John

Krog St. underpass in Atlanta

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.