News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

General NBA thread

Started by Roadgeekteen, December 27, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

And the GOTM (greatest of the moment) is favored to win the Michael Jordan trophy for the third consecutive time, something even the GOAT didn't do.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: JayhawkCO on February 17, 2023, 03:05:04 PM
And the GOTM (greatest of the moment) is favored to win the Michael Jordan trophy for the third consecutive time, something even the GOAT didn't do.

In hindsight, that was purely voters being tired of MJ winning it and giving it to someone else. There's no full season MJ played for the Bulls save his rookie season that he wasn't the league MVP. Even Barkley who was one of those beneificiaries said as much.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

triplemultiplex

Ugh, the dudes who own the Browns are now part owners of the Bucks:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35746705/sources-marc-lasry-agrees-sell-bucks-haslams-35b

Can't say I'm enthused about the ownership group of one of the most poorly run NFL teams horning in on "my" team.  The last decade of Cleveland football does not fill one with confidence in this new ownership.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Roadgeekteen

Lebron James is out a few weeks with a foot injury. 
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

plain

Yeah I watched the game when it happened. He injured it when he tried to do a little fake. I was like that's not good lol
Newark born, Richmond bred

Roadgeekteen

AD needs to step up or Lakers won't even make the play in game.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tchafe1978

Quote from: triplemultiplex on February 28, 2023, 12:01:43 PM
Ugh, the dudes who own the Browns are now part owners of the Bucks:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35746705/sources-marc-lasry-agrees-sell-bucks-haslams-35b

As long as they remain minority owners without much say in day to day operations of the team, they should be fine. But if the Haslams ever gain a controlling stake, look out.
Can't say I'm enthused about the ownership group of one of the most poorly run NFL teams horning in on "my" team.  The last decade of Cleveland football does not fill one with confidence in this new ownership.

Buck87

For the first time since 1998, the Cleveland Cavaliers have clinched a playoff spot with a roster that did not include Lebron James.

Henry

With the Mavericks stuck in 11th place, if this holds up the rest of the way, would it be the first time all three Texas teams missed the playoffs in the same season? The Rockets and Spurs are obviously heading for the draft lottery, but Dallas is having the most disappointing season so far.

On the flip side, it looks like all four California teams are going to be in the postseason, which also looks like a first, but let's look into that just to be sure.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

webny99

About time: The Sacremento Kings have finally ended the longest active playoff drought in the big four North American sports!

16 years is a crazy playoff drought in a league where over half the teams make it every year. That's a record that may never be topped, especially now that the NBA has added the play-in round which counts as playoffs IMO.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: webny99 on March 30, 2023, 12:14:47 AM
About time: The Sacremento Kings have finally ended the longest active playoff drought in the big four North American sports!

16 years is a crazy playoff drought in a league where over half the teams make it every year. That's a record that may never be topped, especially now that the NBA has added the play-in round which counts as playoffs IMO.
Officially the NBA does not count the play-in round as the playoffs.

webny99

Quote from: Henry on March 29, 2023, 10:41:29 PM
With the Mavericks stuck in 11th place, if this holds up the rest of the way, would it be the first time all three Texas teams missed the playoffs in the same season? The Rockets and Spurs are obviously heading for the draft lottery, but Dallas is having the most disappointing season so far.

Very disappointing for the Mavericks, but I still think they will make the play-in over the Thunder. The problem is that they will still be the 9 or 10 seed facing a tough road to the actual playoffs.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: webny99 on March 30, 2023, 10:47:55 AM
Quote from: Henry on March 29, 2023, 10:41:29 PM

Very disappointing for the Mavericks, but I still think they will make the play-in over the Thunder. The problem is that they will still be the 9 or 10 seed facing a tough road to the actual playoffs.

That's what they get for signing the flat-earther. He is a team malignant tumor.

jgb191

I don't remember the last time all three Texas teams missed the playoffs.  The Spurs run of 27 playoff season out of 28 years, was due to at least one of the Twin Towers on that team; they became the Twin Towers from 1997 (drafted Duncan) to 2003 (Robinson retired).  Even before David Robinson was drafted, the Spurs made the playoffs ten straight seasons from the mid-1970's to the mid-1980's making the Conference Championship round three times in that earlier span.

As for the Mavericks, after Kyrie will be forced into retirement this summer (because no team in their right mind wants any part of him), the Mavericks should have some considerable salary cap space to work with to sign another free agent.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jgb191 on March 31, 2023, 01:43:05 AM
I don't remember the last time all three Texas teams missed the playoffs.  The Spurs run of 27 playoff season out of 28 years, was due to at least one of the Twin Towers on that team; they became the Twin Towers from 1997 (drafted Duncan) to 2003 (Robinson retired).  Even before David Robinson was drafted, the Spurs made the playoffs ten straight seasons from the mid-1970's to the mid-1980's making the Conference Championship round three times in that earlier span.

As for the Mavericks, after Kyrie will be forced into retirement this summer (because no team in their right mind wants any part of him), the Mavericks should have some considerable salary cap space to work with to sign another free agent.
1976 was the most recent year with no Texas in the NBA playoffs. The Rockets missed, the Spurs were still in the ABA, and the Mavericks were yet to exist for another 5 years. If you count the ABA, it was 1973, as the Spurs made the ABA playoffs from 1974-1976.

Ted$8roadFan

The Celtics crushed the Bucks, 140-99. I'm guessing this game was to make up for the inexplicable loss to the Wizards, but I was surprised at the margin. 

Roadgeekteen

The NBAs one and done rule is staying. HS players will still not be able to be drafted into the NBA.

jgb191

I've never had any problems with NBA teams drafting high schoolers if there are GMs believe in them; and even now I still don't have a problem with high school seniors entering the NBA today.  Even The Logo himself drafted the Black Mamba back in 1996; Jerry West saw something special in (17-year-old) Kobe Bryant that nobody else could see until Kobe entered his prime several years after he was drafted.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

tchafe1978

Bucks beat the Bulls 105-92 tonight, clinching the#1 seed and homecourt throughout the playoffs.  Go Bucks!

Henry

Quote from: tchafe1978 on April 05, 2023, 10:09:53 PM
Bucks beat the Bulls 105-92 tonight, clinching the#1 seed and homecourt throughout the playoffs.  Go Bucks!
Well, the good news is that the Bulls still get a play-in spot, although their path to the playoffs will be tough as they have the 10-seed in the East.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

mgk920

FEAR the DEER!

:cool:

Mike

Roadgeekteen

Henry

Up next is a must-win game in Toronto, but I'm confident the Bulls can pull it out and keep their playoff hopes alive, although either the Heat or the Hawks will do them in in the second game.

Roadgeekteen

Excited for the play ins to start tonight. Time for me to get into straight NBA mode now that March Madness is over, will be watching more NHL playoffs as well with the Bruins being ungodly good this year.

ET21

Quote from: Henry on April 05, 2023, 10:58:48 PM
Well, the good news is that the Bulls still get a play-in spot, although their path to the playoffs will be tough as they have the 10-seed in the East.

Wish they never made it and got eliminated lol, this team is a mess
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.