News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Your "Signature" Thread

Started by CoreySamson, March 03, 2022, 04:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: snowc on March 05, 2022, 02:59:26 PM
... I had one post back in April 2021 that was locked ... I took a six month break due to this ... I had another post which was locked due to it becoming heated and that was to delete my account.

Dang!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

dlsterner

Quote from: 7/8 on March 05, 2022, 02:24:37 PM
Quote from: dlsterner on March 05, 2022, 01:47:47 PM
I really don't start threads.  In fact, I think I have only started one - my "introduction" thread in the "Welcome!" board.

My first (and probably only) thread started.

Looks like you have one other thread: Ask Me Anything about I-97. You can see a person's threads by going to their profile > Profile Info > Show Posts > Topics.

Ah, forgot about that one.  Just a silly thread in response to the flurry of threads about "Ask me anything about <whatever>"

jlam

Mine would probably be the "Why is your username what it is?" thread. Another one, although not my thread, is "CoreySamson's Fictional Interstate Plans." I have asked questions, given recommendations, and even compiled a map in that thread.

vdeane

Apparently I created the RI mileage based exit numbers thread, which is still going strong, so that would be mine.  Going down the topic list was an interesting trip down memory lane.  Looks like I used to be much more prolific with creating threads, but slowed down over the last few years.  Also, that list reminded me of the "explosion" thread trend a while back (as I had created the Sun Explosion thread, which still makes me laugh whenever I think about it), which I had forgotten about.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

CNGL-Leudimin

The New Year threads, posted shortly after 6 p.m. Eastern/3 p.m. Pacific on December 31 :sombrero:. Otherwise I don't create threads.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kenarmy

Omg I inspired this thread guys.

But anyways, obviously it's my Random Thoughts thread. My Unpopular Route/ Sport Opinions threads had their little moment and spawned a few threads but they fizzled out.
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

kphoger

This is the one for |Roadgeekteen|.
This is the one for |tolbs17|.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

I disagree for tolbs, it has to be the Peekaboo thread.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 08, 2022, 10:17:05 AM

*whoosh*  ?
Male pronouns, please.

JoePCool14

It's been dead for years now, but my thread "Joe's Signs" under Road-Related Illustrations is probably my signature thread. Back in the day when that board was super active, Zeffy's thread, Redesign this!, and my thread were fairly popular for sign drawings. Most of my posts back then were pretty stupid and immature in hindsight.

Beyond that, I did "The BEST Transportation Agency in the U.S." a couple times. First in 2014 and again in 2021.

I've never been one to start the big threads that last forever like Road Sign UNO.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

wriddle082

I filled one gaping hole by starting the South Carolina thread.  I also started threads for Charlotte and Nashville.  And I also started one in General Highway Talk called "Old/historic peculiar road names"  that sort of took off to get a second page.

SkyPesos

I haven't looked at the Peekaboo thread before it got deleted unfortunately, only read the context about it in the "random thoughts" thread that followed shortly after.

Speaking of the Random Thoughts thread, it got pinned for a few hours, so that could be another one for tolbs  :sombrero:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on March 08, 2022, 10:19:58 AM

*whoosh*  ?

That's right, you were away when that happened.  Essentially some girl by the name of Mary Hannah told tolbs to post a "Peekaboo"  thread.  Madness ensued and now there is a quality posting standards:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=29865.0

kphoger

No, I meant it went *whoosh* over your head?

I linked to a thread about signatures.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on March 08, 2022, 11:00:24 AM
No, I meant it went *whoosh* over your head?

I linked to a thread about signatures.

Ah, I see what you were going for now.  Well played, I would have bought the one you linked for Alangoatteen. 

Roadgeekteen

This "guess the" trend gained it's popularity off my guess the speed limit challenge. I created the state thread and the country thread, and both have gained significant popularity on the forum. Other guessing threads have been started by different users.

Besides that, these shitshows probably:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=20122.0

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21290.0

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: webny99 on March 03, 2022, 05:03:13 PM
So, no surprise to anyone that I went way overboard on this, but a bit of a three-dimensional reply here...

The crazy thing is that my longest thread by far isn't even road-related at all: the NFL (202X Season) thread. It also happens to be the longest Sports thread on the forum, but it's only so long because it spans multiple years now (and there seems to be a lot more NFL banter on the forum now, in which I owe my humble part  :biggrin:).

I also have a couple of notable food related threads, Fastest Fast Food and Locally famous foods; and a bunch of other Off-Topic threads, (some of which I'm not proud of at all), including Fastest-growing suburbs, defining the Rust Belt, defining Upstate New York, ambiguous city names, some attempted DST threads, and a whole bunch more.

As for the actual road stuff, my most enduring contribution is probably Rural Freeways that Need Six Lanes, which I am certainly honored by given my advocacy for six-laning of rural freeways over the years!

A few of my other notable thread contributions would include:
-Busiest 2-lane roads
-Nearest Freeway Segment You've Never Driven
-Crossroads of Your State
-Traffic lights on roads with high speed limits
-States Ranked by Signage Quality
-Plus a bunch of fictional threads, none of which are particularly special IMO.

And yet, I believe some of my most significant contributions to the forum have been in the Travel Board; as of this posting, I've started 4 of the top 12 topics in Travel. The most prominent one length-wise is the Guess the City Challenge, a rare successful spin-off of the Guess the State/Province challenge, itself the longest thread in the Travel board, and inspired in part by I can't believe this is in this state, which has gone on to become an enduring theme of the game and its spinoffs.

Some of my other Travel board contributions include a revived "Clinching Counties" thread, crazy travel stats and fun facts, states you've come closest to visiting, and a whole bunch of other shorter threads. Overall, the Travel board is my Most Popular Board By Activity, as I've made 1155 posts there, amounting to 12.54% of my posts and 4.18% of the total posts in that board.
You and I have transformed the travel board tremendously lol.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on March 08, 2022, 09:31:23 AM
This is the one for |Roadgeekteen|.
OMG I forgot about that! I was a mess in 2017. I even got banned twice.

Max Rockatansky

Slipping back into 2017 era posting habits?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 25, 2022, 04:46:21 PM
No I don't plan on doing so, I was 13 then I'm 18 now. But I do now realize that those last 3 posts probably should have been merged or just one post, as I made the first one before reading the thread.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 25, 2022, 04:47:54 PM
No I don't plan on doing so, I was 13 then I'm 18 now. But I do now realize that those last 3 posts probably should have been merged or just one post, as I made the first one before reading the thread.

Are you going to become Roadgeekadult soon?  :spin:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 25, 2022, 04:55:11 PM

Alangoatman

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 25, 2022, 04:55:11 PM

I plan on reevaluating my username when I turn 20 in 2023. I haven't decided yet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.