News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstates that closely approach a state without entering it

Started by KCRoadFan, May 20, 2021, 01:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCGuy81

Interstate 10 comes pretty close to the Georgia state line (maybe about 6 miles according to the measuring tool in Google maps) to the west of Tallahassee.

cpzilliacus

I-70 comes within about a mile of Morgan County, West Virginia (by way of U.S. 522) at Hancock, Maryland. 

At the I-81 interchange at Halfway, Maryland (Hagerstown), I-70 is less than 4 miles from Berkeley County, West Virginia.

About 170 miles west of Hancock (by way of Breezewood, I-70/I-76 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and New Stanton), I-70 pays a brief visit (about 14 centerline miles) to West Virginia by crossing Ohio County and Wheeling in the Northern Panhandle.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Skye

I-75 has a few. Alabama (Chattanooga, TN) and Indiana (Cincinnati).

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

gr8daynegb

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on May 20, 2021, 02:41:39 AM
Technically, I-41 and IL if you go by the signage.

I-68 comes within a couple miles of the PA border a few times. 

I-87 comes within a mile of NJ at Exit 15 (I-287/NY 17).

I-80 ends about 3 miles west of the GWB and the NY border (qualifies because it doesn't run parallel)

For now, I-11 ends at the AZ state line. Also, I-26 and the eastern I-74 end at the VA state line. 

I-65 gets within a few miles of FL near its southern terminus

I-287 at its east end is less than a mile from the CT border (the 1 mile advanced BGS on I-95 South is near the 0.4 MP in CT).  And I-495 in DE ends just feet south of the PA border.

I've scene signage in Illinois, but it's obvious Wisconsin cares more about I-41 than Illinois does.

I remember the pre internet days where I-39 and Wisconsin was on such a list.......and then they finished the 78/90/94 interchange(I remember that exit being a stop sign exit to go left or right onto WI-78)
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Henry

I-294 almost makes it to IN, but it just ends concurrent with I-80 on the IL side, where I-94 joins to cross the border afterwards.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.