News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Saturday Night Live

Started by mrsman, January 30, 2016, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

The first SNL sketch was like Beckett wrote an episode of the Honeymooners.  It was surreal and creepy.  I don't think network audiences of 2015 want anything that bold and experimental.  The networks seem pretty dug into an avoidance of anything risky at this late stage of their lives.

https://video.yahoo.com/wolverines-000000022.html

That said, "Celebrity Jeopardy" is asinine and hilarious and I could watch it all day.

cl94

Quote from: Pete from Boston on February 10, 2016, 05:45:38 PM
The first SNL sketch was like Beckett wrote an episode of the Honeymooners.  It was surreal and creepy.  I don't think network audiences of 2015 want anything that bold and experimental.  The networks seem pretty dug into an avoidance of anything risky at this late stage of their lives.

It's quite the shame. 70s SNL was more "adult" than modern SNL. The Richard Pryor episode may be the perfect example of that. You couldn't do any part of that episode nowadays, let alone use the N word in the interview sketch "...DEAD honky!".
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Rothman

Quote from: Pete from Boston on February 10, 2016, 05:45:38 PM
That said, "Celebrity Jeopardy" is asinine and hilarious and I could watch it all day.

I pose a conundrum to ya; a riddle if you will...What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck and I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

spooky

Turd Ferguson, it's a funny name.

Takumi

"Oversized hat. It's funny."
"No, it's not."
"Sure it is. It's funny because it's bigger than, you know, than a normal hat."
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Pete from Boston

"Who is Andre the Giant?"

"Is that the answer to a question?"

"Nah, just wondering who he is, Andre the Giant."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.