News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Israel has a very good highway/freeway system with one tollway.

Started by ACSCmapcollector, November 02, 2016, 08:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

Even though Israel has been broken into the Gaza strip and West Bank, Israel has a very good highway/freeway system with one tollway.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on November 02, 2016, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: NE2 on November 02, 2016, 08:56:38 PM
what

That's about my reaction as well.

If you study the map on Google Maps online, the major city of Jerusalem is split between the Jews and Arabs, with very little in the way of land, their highway/freeway network is well designed with only one tollway named after the late prime minister, Yitzhak Rabin. Has anyone researched and look on Google Maps of Israel, lately? Like I have?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jerusalem,+Israel/@31.770654,35.2042385,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x1502d7d634c1fc4b:0xd96f623e456ee1cb!8m2!3d31.768319!4d35.21371

US 41

I'm pretty sure there is no split in Jerusalem (or at least one that Israel recognizes). Israel occupies the West Bank and has occupied it since they beat Jordan in a war. The Gaza Strip is the only part that is not under some type of control by Israel.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: US 41 on November 02, 2016, 10:06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure there is no split in Jerusalem (or at least one that Israel recognizes). Israel occupies the West Bank and has occupied it since they beat Jordan in a war. The Gaza Strip is the only part that is not under some type of control by Israel.

As in the six day war, in 1967 I agree to that too Jerusalem in under Israel's control. 

Max Rockatansky

There a question or a factoid wrapped up somewhere that I'm just not seeing?  I feel just like Apollo Creed does at 1:16 reading these threads sometimes:

Alps

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 02, 2016, 08:21:30 PM
Even though Israel has been broken into the Gaza strip and West Bank, Israel has a very good highway/freeway system with one tollway.

I think they also have some toll tunnels

vdeane

Indeed.  Google Maps shows the armistice lines that would theoretically define a Palestinian state, should one ever officially exist.  In practice, Israel claims sovereignty over all of the west bank except for a few refugee villages; in fact, Palestinians need to obtain special permits just to gain access to Jerusalem.  There are three zones:
-Zone A: Total Palestinian control (just a few villages; the permanent checkpoints surround these areas)
-Zone B: Palestinian civilian control, Israeli security forces (surrounding Zone A locations; theoretically under Palestinian control, but in practice part of Israel; these areas are where the controversial settlements are located)
-Zone C: Total Israeli control (everything else, the majority of the West Bank)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 02, 2016, 11:37:32 PM
There a question or a factoid wrapped up somewhere that I'm just not seeing?  I feel just like Apollo Creed does at 1:16 reading these threads sometimes:

Max, you don't even know the history of Israel since the country became found in 1948.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 02:03:01 PM

Max, you don't even know the history of Israel since the country became found in 1948.

And assume that because why?  I find that statement ironic considering your usual discussions generally consist of matters pertaining to places you lived.  You assume that I don't know the history of a country just because I didn't commentate on it?...is this not a thread about roads and not the ramifications of the aftermath of World War II?  If you want to debate history with me feel free to open something in Off-Topic.  I'm always happy to debate something of historical nature provided it doesn't have some boring political tinge to it.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 03, 2016, 02:15:43 PM

And assume that because why?  I find that statement ironic considering your usual discussions generally consist of matters pertaining to places you lived.  You assume that I don't know the history of a country just because I didn't commentate on it?...is this not a thread about roads and not the ramifications of the aftermath of World War II?  If you want to debate history with me feel free to open something in Off-Topic.  I'm always happy to debate something of historical nature provided it doesn't have some boring political tinge to it.

Except for Great Britain and it's motorways. Royal blood stays here, because I am part British (English).

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 03:09:29 PM

Except for Great Britain and it's motorways. Royal blood stays here, because I am part British (English).
The history of Israel really goes back several thousands of years, but it is not political, Max.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 04:13:22 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 03:09:29 PM

The history of Israel really goes back several thousands of years, but it is not political, Max.

Is this thread about roads in Isreal or the history of nation as a whole?   Gotta say that I wasn't expecting this to turn towards the Exodus, Crusades, or anything else that might fall under the subject from a historical standpoint.  Are you not getting why people have a difficult time trying to follow what you are actually trying to say with these threads?

And I'm English/German, it doesn't mean I'm related to the Kaiser or whatever.  The way you wrote that response makes it sound like you think that you're responsible for the British Monarchy. Lol

Brandon

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 02, 2016, 08:21:30 PM

OK, this doesn't really say much about the roads there, or much else for that matter.  It might help if you actually want to discuss them, say from a visit or something.  Photographs, strongly preferably your own, help tremendously.  Your Russia thread is much the same, it looks like a hit-and-post type comment.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

US 41

Here's something odd. I notice that on 2 lane highways the yellow lines are the shoulder lines and the white lines are the center lines. Basically it's the complete opposite of what we do over here in North America. https://goo.gl/maps/VmAcZWiAH7k

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ACSCmapcollector

US 41

Max Rockatansky

Well this sure went off the rails didn't it?  :-D  I say that my cussing level is about average, not above dropping an F-bomb now and then..definitely got one out of me when I saw that last response directed my way.  I haven't heard talk like this since that one time I got my Grandpa to watch the original Planet of the Apes.  Man...nothing but bible this, bible that, ect after the big reveal that it was Earth all along.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with roads in Isreal?  :-D

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 03, 2016, 08:10:59 PM
Well this sure went off the rails didn't it?  :-D  I say that my cussing level is about average, not above dropping an F-bomb now and then..definitely got one out of me when I saw that last response directed my way.  I haven't heard talk like this since that one time I got my Grandpa to watch the original Planet of the Apes.  Man...nothing but bible this, bible that, ect after the big reveal that it was Earth all along.

Nothing because the subject matter is about to come to an end, thank goodness.

US 41

But you're the one that's derailing your own thread.  :ded:

I made a desperate attempt to save it, but I think I failed. I guess you started the thread though, so I guess it is your right to take it anywhere you want it to go.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 08:34:23 PM

Quote from: US 41 on November 03, 2016, 08:45:37 PM

I made a desperate attempt to save it, but I think I failed. I guess you started the thread though, so I guess it is your right to take it anywhere you want it to go.

There is nothing else to discuss, if it is my right to do.  I think I don't have any more comments to pass on, this is a NO COMMENT mode for me to go as of now.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 09:17:33 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on November 03, 2016, 08:34:23 PM

Quote from: US 41 on November 03, 2016, 08:45:37 PM

There is nothing else to discuss, if it is my right to do.  I think I don't have any more comments to pass on, this is a NO COMMENT mode for me to go as of now.

Oh good god this is the "END OF DISCUSSION" bit all over again isn't it?  Scott, you were the one who basically took this off the deep end by not making a clear objective of the thread.....and then taking it in...let's say an alternate direction.  I don't get it, even I asked you repeatedly why you weren't getting back on topic.  For what it was worth I was being serious about something in the Off-Topic section.  I tended to notice that you seem to like history for what it's worth; granted it seems to tinge on either religious or political.  Basically saying stuff like this whenever one of your threads goes south really shows a lack of accountability by you for what your posts entail.  Even a single Google Map or Wikipedia article in the original post probably would have kept this thing on track.  US 41 is right, he and a couple other posters tried to bail you out on this one but you kept the ship sinking. 

Hell I wouldn't even say it's too late now to get this back on track if you can come up with a couple interesting topics in regards to roadways in Israel.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.