News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Motels on US 41 in Chicago

Started by mukade, October 14, 2013, 09:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mukade

I received the following from my web site, but I have no idea what the answer is. If any of you Chicagoans know, feel free to contact this reporter.

I\'m a reporter at WBEZ - Chicago Public Radio working on a story about why so many motels were built on a certain stretch of US 41 in Chicago. I\'d like to touch base with you for a historical perspective ASAP - can we arrange a phone call tomorrow afternoon at the latest? Would greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you,
Logan Jaffe

loganjaffe@gmail.com
desk: 312-948-4747

NE2

"So many" were built compared to what? The part of US 41 on LSD, which has no motels?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

rawmustard

The only part of 41 in Chicago that I could envision once having a significant amount of motels is along Lincoln Avenue, because I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been a lot in the South Side neighborhoods the route traverses. But then I'm no expert in the subject, either.

hobsini2

It probably is the Lincoln Ave and Peterson Ave section that the reporter is thinking of because there is nothing south of Lake Shore Dr until you are well in Indiana. Most of the motels along Lincoln and Peterson and the "nooner" motel types. Silly to do a story on those unless he was looking at doing a story on the prostitution in the area.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Stratuscaster

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.