News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Abandoned trailer on I-71 by Ashland, OH weigh station?

Started by jecht, June 21, 2019, 12:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecht

I drove on I-71 the other day (Sunday) and someone had left what appears to be an abandoned singlewide mobile home nearly in the road (It was off to the side but not by much). There's also an abandoned weigh station there.
1) What will they do with the trailer?
2) Is the weigh station still used by anyone?

This is at Mile 190-ish in Ashland County, I-71 SB.

allniter89

I suppose there could be a problem with the trailer itself, maybe axle bearings or 1 or more flat tires. Trailer tires aren't meant to be moved far & definitely not at hwy speeds. Flats are so common they carry extra tires & change them roadside. They moved my brothers single wide 40 miles & had 4 flats. The guy moving the trailer was clueless, trying to go 55 mph. The trailer was twisted so the doors wouldn't close properly quite a mess.
If Ohio hadn't blocked access to the weigh station I'm surprised they didn't pull it in there. Did they have triangles set up to show it was a stopped vehicle, if not OHP should want the trailer moved now.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

jecht

Quote from: allniter89 on June 21, 2019, 09:52:54 PM
I suppose there could be a problem with the trailer itself, maybe axle bearings or 1 or more flat tires. Trailer tires aren't meant to be moved far & definitely not at hwy speeds. Flats are so common they carry extra tires & change them roadside. They moved my brothers single wide 40 miles & had 4 flats. The guy moving the trailer was clueless, trying to go 55 mph. The trailer was twisted so the doors wouldn't close properly quite a mess.
If Ohio hadn't blocked access to the weigh station I'm surprised they didn't pull it in there. Did they have triangles set up to show it was a stopped vehicle, if not OHP should want the trailer moved now.

Trailer is gone! OHP was super-helpful and got back to me. The man had left the trailer there temporarily b/c there were problems with his weigh equipment, and they were notified ASAP. It was gone the next day.

I love this forum--great responses and thank you!

amroad17

I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

allniter89

:)
Quote from: jecht on June 22, 2019, 02:05:43 PM
Quote from: allniter89 on June 21, 2019, 09:52:54 PM

Trailer is gone! OHP was super-helpful and got back to me. The man had left the trailer there temporarily b/c there were problems with his weigh equipment, and they were notified ASAP. It was gone the next day.

I love this forum--great responses and thank you!
yw
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.