MN 610 extension in Maple Grove to open August 19

Started by froggie, August 11, 2011, 04:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

MnDOT announced that the MN 610 extension in Maple Grove, from US 169 west to CSAH 81/130, will open next Friday, the 19th.  A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be on Wednesday the 17th at the Zachary Ln interchange.

I find this interesting since, when I was in the area 2 weeks ago, it looked like they still had at least a month's worth of work to finish, mostly with paving shoulders and ramps but also with sign placement.

The project was ARRA funded and involved extending MN 610 about 2.5 miles, with slip ramps to/from CSAH 81, an interchange at Zachary Ln, and converting the interchange at US 169 into a full cloverleaf.  3 roundabouts were included...2 at the Zachary Ln ramp terminals, and a 3rd on the westbound off-ramp to Elm Creek Park and CSAH 130.

Coelacanth

In somewhat-related news, construction is essentially completed at the US 169/CSAH 81 "Devil's Triangle" project. There will be a ribbon-cutting in a couple of weeks.

Lots going on with 169 with the 610 interchange, Devil's Triangle, the 169/494 fustercluck elimination project and the Bren Rd bridge being gone.

twinsfan87

The signs have been going up yesterday and today, and they paved the shoulders on the ramps last week (at least on the 169 side of the project). I'd say they will be good to go for the Friday opening!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.