News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

smaller text

Started by allniter89, May 27, 2014, 02:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allniter89

I'm not sure if this is a forum issue or this damn Windows 8. This issue only exist in this forum. I was reading a thread and suddenly the text went to about half size.
I'm using Windows 8 without a touch screen and often I will mouse over something I cant even see and weird things happen. Any idea what happened?
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

rickmastfan67

Were you somehow holding the 'Ctrl' key and scrolling down with the mouse wheel?

If so, easy way to fix this is the following keyboard command:

Ctrl+0

This should fix the problem in both Firefox and IE.

roadman

This is an example of what is so wrong with Microsponge software.  The mouse has been standard computer equipment for at least two decades now.  Yet MS still insists in retaining old outdated code that allows one to do mouse commands through the keyboard.

I type faster than many people, and it irritates me no end when the computer does something bizarre and unexpected because I happened to hit the wrong one or two keys at the same time.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

sammi

Quote from: roadman on July 21, 2014, 06:03:47 PM
This is an example of what is so wrong with Microsponge software.  The mouse has been standard computer equipment for at least two decades now.  Yet MS still insists in retaining old outdated code that allows one to do mouse commands through the keyboard.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft. It's always been the case that you can perform "clicking", zooming and scrolling using your keyboard. It works on all major operating systems as a standard human interface guideline, and it's very much not a bad thing because even without a mouse (because a lot of people don't have one) you can do these things.

formulanone

If you have laptop or keyboard with a touchpad, sometimes two or more fingers (unintentionally) dragged at the same time can cause this problem.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.