News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Trouble Posting Flikr Images

Started by Brian556, July 02, 2018, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

I cant get my flikr images to post. I copied the url and put it in the post, but it doesn't work.

Max Rockatansky

Are you using the Bulletin Board (shorthand; BB) links that Flickr provides?  It's a little different than how you would link a picture normally.  When you look at your Flickr photo here will be a arrow underneath with the BB link.  All you need to do is copy the BB link here and the image will show in your post. 

Brian556

I can't tell what you are talking about. I found the share arrow, and non of the options give the desired result

briantroutman

Are you talking about that "<a data-flickr-embed..."  string that Flickr provides when you click the Share button? That is actually HTML code, and HTML is blocked by this forum (and most forums). What you want is just the URL (i.e. address) of the image file itself.

Someone else may have an easier or faster method but here's what I do:
- Navigate to the image in Flickr
- Click the Download (down arrow) icon in the lower right corner and select "View all sizes"  from the pop-up menu
- Click the link for whatever size version of the image I plan to use; the corresponding sized image will appear
- Right click on the image itself and select Copy Image Address
- Go to forum; click Insert Image button and paste URL

formulanone

Some users set permissions so that they cannot be shared, but they're not private, either. Any chance you (or someone else) set something that way?

Flickr was operating very intermittently with uploads in the last few days.

I uploaded about 80 photos two days ago, and almost all of them were rejected multiple times (Failed to Upload - Try Again?) but there was no confirmation they'd uploaded at all...the progress bar stayed at 50%. A few hours later, about 2/3 of them uploaded, but with scrambled permissions (some private, some public) and no tags. A few were duplicated. Couldn't see most of them on the PC, but could see most of them on the iPhone. Some were duplicated, but they took over 24 hours to delete and permanently stay out of view. Photostream's order from the batch of uploads is scrambled compared to the file queue's order.

Uploaded another 25 photos last night without any drama or bizarre issues.

Brian556

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.