News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

In what countries

Started by Voyager, May 09, 2009, 06:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Are the lanes reversed on the highways?
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

mightyace

Do you mean driving on the left?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

un1

Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Alps

There is a list out there.  http://www.brianlucas.ca/roadside/ is an example.  You can find others.

rawr apples

Countries that I know:

-UK (England Scotland Wales N.Ireland)
-Isle of Man/Wight
-Ireland
-Singapore
-Australia
-New Zealand
-India
-South Africa(As well as most southern african countries)
-Cayman Islands
-Japan
-Hong Kong
-Pakistan
-Indonesia
-Guyana
-Suriname

Now shut up and drivee

Chris

+ Malaysia

Sweden shifted somewhere in the sixties, one of the most recent shifts in Europe. The UK and Ireland are now the sole European countries that drive on the left.

Interesting though, that China drives on the right, like us, and unlike other road pioneering countries in that region.

Truvelo

Quote from: rawr apples on May 09, 2009, 11:41:46 PM
Countries that I know:

-UK (England Scotland Wales N.Ireland)
-Isle of Man/Wight
-Ireland

Can I just correct you there. Isle of Man isn't part of the UK but the Isle of Wight is.
Speed limits limit life

rawr apples

I know it's not. Hence why its not gathered with the UK, but I just combined them so I didnt have to type out 'isle of' twice as I forgot to include Wight in the UK
Now shut up and drivee

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Chris on May 10, 2009, 04:05:25 AM
+ Malaysia

Interesting though, that China drives on the right, like us, and unlike other road pioneering countries in that region.

Does Hong-Kong still drive on the left since the UK returned it to China in 1997?

Chris

Yes, as far as I know, Hong Kong still drives on the left. Don't know about Macao though.

J N Winkler

Traffic in Macao circulates on the left too and has to change over when crossing to the mainland.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

yanksfan6129

Yeah, if you look at an aerial image of a China-Macau border crossing, you can see the mechanism they use to switch the traffic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.