News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Mispelled Words and Poor Grammar

Started by roadman65, February 14, 2013, 12:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I want to apologize for my bad word spelling and bad grammar that I often use on this forum.  I never was good at writing, and most of all organizing thoughts into the right words was never a strong suit of mine.  If I appear to be upset, I am not and most of all I am sorry for making you think that. 

I think most of you are great to converse with and have learned a lot about things with roads and highway.  Me myself, I have many memories of being around long before many of the current roads and projects were, so I have seen a lot.  Too bad I did not take pictures as a youngster, as I would have a lot to contribute.  However, if someone says they do not remember the way I described it or find it hard to believe it is fine, but have some respect please.  It is only a discussion and although we sometimes think this is a medium, it technically is not.  You have the right to correct me as I have the right to share my memories, if it is in the right place of course.

I want to thank those of you who were obvious to what I was implying, as for some reason the proper words do not often come to me as it made it easier.  For the rest of you who did not, I am sorry and I will try to do better in making myself more clear and to work on spelling, grammar, etc.  I respect and admire most of you all and hope you all are well and keep posting the news and events as it is helpful as I found out a new freeway opened near me thanks to this forum.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

djsinco

Roadman: I fully agree with you, although I am sometimes guilty of being a grammar Nazi. There are wonderful spell-checking features built in to Google Chrome browser (not sure about others because I stick to Chrome,) which can help if you want.

Aside from that, everyone needs to keep it light on any internet forum. We are all here because we share a common interest, and everyone has content to contribute. Take everything with a grain of salt, and enjoy it! There are lots of good people, and a few who are less good. Any one of us could be on either side of good on a given day. Don't hold a grudge, do your best, never hold back sharing something of interest, and let's all have fun discussing the topic.

That being said, there is irony to misspelling the word "misspell."
3 million miles and counting

formulanone

If it weren't for NEC, I would never remember to spell "necessary" correctly. I edit my posts as best as possible, because I tend to leave words out when typing (but not usually when writing nor speaking, oddly). And then I still leave things out or make much sense at times, as tough as it is for someone with a college degree to admit.

Nobody and nothing is perfect...that's how I see it. If perfection could be attained, it would not be worth holding.

theline

djsinco mentioned the spell check in Chrome. I use IE mostly, and I've loaded an add-on called ieSpell. I use it to catch the misspelled words, though I don't let it make the corrections. I found it does that poorly, at least on this site. Misspellings are rare for me, but that does nothing for the content. I could use a ghost writer.

agentsteel53

firefox underlines misspelled words with a red squiggle.

or words it does not know about.

like "formicine".

or "firefox".
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.