News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Returning after a while

Started by roadgeek01, July 04, 2023, 11:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadgeek01

Though I have lurked from time to time, it's been years since I've actually posted anything.  I'm gonna reintroduce myself here since I am a completely different person from when I joined in 2017.

- I've been spending most of my life living in the Amish Paradise of Lancaster County, PA. 
- When I joined in 2017, I was 14, an awkward teenager if one ever existed, so I apologize in hindsight for being cringey.  For example, I remember stating that I didn't think there was any good music after 1986.  I have since broadened my musical tastes  :bigass:
- Though I'm on gap year right now, I am currently attending Reputable Post-Secondary Institution in I-Don't-Want-To-Doxx-Myself, USA (cause where I go to school, only so many people from Lancaster go there, never mind roadgeeks).  My major is geography, and I want to do something in the realm of urban planning, transportation planning, and or GIS. 
- I still love roads and looking at maps.  Now that I drive, I love to do that too.

I'm gonna try to be more active now, but I got life happening at the same time, so I may or may not be active every day all the time.  Still, I look forward to discussing roads with y'all.
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

index

Welcome back. I was once like that as an earlier teenager...I was one of those kids that thought they were hot shit for only listening to classic rock while the rest of my peers listened to "mumble rap". Thank god I grew out of that. And really everything else I did as a teenager. I wouldn't sweat it too much, there are plenty of us who joined at very young ages and posted a lot of stupid stuff, such as myself.

You aren't alone in your major - a lot of people here have similar ones. I myself am majoring in community/regional planning with a GIS certificate, minor undecided. I may pick geology as a minor to try and give myself an edge in the more environmental aspects of the fields that my major can get me into.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Hunty2022

100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

roadgeek01

Quote from: index on July 04, 2023, 11:13:19 AM
Welcome back. I was once like that as an earlier teenager...I was one of those kids that thought they were hot shit for only listening to classic rock while the rest of my peers listened to "mumble rap". Thank god I grew out of that. And really everything else I did as a teenager. I wouldn't sweat it too much, there are plenty of us who joined at very young ages and posted a lot of stupid stuff, such as myself.

Lmao that was me alright.

Quote from: index on July 04, 2023, 11:13:19 AM
You aren't alone in your major - a lot of people here have similar ones. I myself am majoring in community/regional planning with a GIS certificate, minor undecided. I may pick geology as a minor to try and give myself an edge in the more environmental aspects of the fields that my major can get me into.

I figured as much given the crowd.  Idk what my minor will be but I'm leaning towards comp sci or history.
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

LilianaUwU

Welcome back. I've only been here since 2020, but I shall mention that I've been one of those kids who thought they were better than other people for listening to old music instead of mumble rap. Now, I've of course matured... and I mean, one of my favorite artists (well, this one is a collective of people) is SiIvaGunner, so I really can't judge anyone's music tastes when stuff like this or this is in my playlists.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

hotdogPi

I'm 24 now. Old music is still better.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Henry

Welcome back! Hope you're enjoying the forum for the second time.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jp the roadgeek

Welcome back.  Nothing wrong with older music.  I attended 16 Grateful Dead shows between the ages of 12 and 19, so yeah, I get it.  My mom was at Woodstock and my dad was into prog rock, so it's pretty much what I grew up on. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.