How long did 'The Electric Company' last in your area?

Started by bandit957, December 30, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Remember the 1970s PBS children's show 'The Electric Company'? It was cool. It taught kids how to read and stuff.

According to Wikipedia, it went into reruns into 1977, and PBS kept showing the reruns until 1985. But I could have sworn I saw it in 1990. I was way, way too old for it then, but I just happened to see it. It was a tiny bit dated then (because of the "wokka wokka wokka" music), but it was still the same old 'Electric Company'.

Was 'The Electric Company' still being rerun in your area in 1990? How long did it last?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

cjk374

Are you referring to the Bill Cosby episodes or the ones after? Possibly made in the early 80s?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

bandit957

The ones that were made in the '70s. I don't think they made any new episodes in the '80s. They just reran older ones.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

abefroman329

Don't know, I only watched Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers.

I don't know why some people thought Mr. Rogers was a pedophile. Mr. Science, on the other hand...I bet he LOVED to do "experiments"  with those kids, if you know what I mean.

OracleUsr

I don't remember when it went off the air on our local PBS affiliate, but it was a classic.  For a long time, Rita Moreno's opening line I had to mute because her screaming "HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS" scared me.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

cjk374

Quote from: OracleUsr on January 02, 2019, 05:29:04 AM
I don't remember when it went off the air on our local PBS affiliate, but it was a classic.  For a long time, Rita Moreno's opening line I had to mute because her screaming "HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS" scared me.

This is the series I remember. Bill Cosby's version was older than this.

Stephane Dumas

Did Bill Cosby's Pictures Pages also aired on The Electric Company as well? I remember they was once broadcasted as a segment of Captain Kangaroo.

Edit: Skip it to 30:20 to see Bill Cosby cameo.
https://youtu.be/_3N942VkKm4?t=1820

cjk374

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 02, 2019, 06:57:05 PM
Did Bill Cosby's Pictures Pages also aired on The Electric Company as well? I remember they was once broadcasted as a segment of Captain Kangaroo.

Capt. Kangaroo was the only place I saw them. Mom ordered them for me & my siblings. Such fun.

abefroman329

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 02, 2019, 06:57:05 PM

I think they used to show them on Nickelodeon too.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.