News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

General PA Design/Construction News

Started by 74/171FAN, October 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For US 22/US 322 and PA 147)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Ramp Closures Scheduled at Route 22/322 Clarks Ferry Bridge Repair Project in Reed Township, Dauphin County

PennDOT - District 6 News: Boot Road East Opens, Construction Continues on Bridge Replacement Project in East Caln Township

PennDOT - Statewide News: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Highlights State Supreme Court Decision Allowing Commonwealth to Hold Contractors Accountable, Protect Workers' Rights

(Focuses on I-78 and US 22)  PennDOT - District 5 News: Berks County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Berks
Municipality:  Multiple
Road name:  Interstate 78 West
Between:  Exit 29 (PA 61) and Exit 30 (Hamburg)
Type of work:  Construction
Work being done by:  PennDOT Contractor
Type of restriction:  Nighttime
Restriction:  Lane restriction eastbound on 11/28-11/30.
There will be a rolling roadblock/traffic stoppages in both directions on 11/30.
Please use caution and expect delays.
Start date:  11/28/23
Est completion date:  11/30/23
Restrictions in effect (time of day):  07:00 PM To 12:00 AM
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 

(For PA 32)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Slope Repair Scheduled on Route 32 (River Road) in Bridgeton Township

(For I-376, US 22, US 30, and PA 885)  PennDOT - District 11 News: Route 885 Boulevard of the Allies Overnight Closures Continue Next Week in Pittsburgh

PennDOT - District 11 News: Grand Avenue On-ramp to Northbound I-79 Closure Begins Tuesday in Allegheny County

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 1:  PA 518 at Mercer Ave

QuoteThe intersection of SR 518 (South Walnut St) and SR 3025 (Mercer Ave) ; Borough of Sharpsville; Safety Improvements that include additional turn lanes, new signal equipment, and ADA curb ramps. The project includes new asphalt surface, drainage and guiderail updates, new ADA curb ramps with detectable warning surfaces, pedestrian push buttons, new roadway paint that delineates left turning lanes on eastbound and westbound approaches of SR 518, new traffic lights with arrows for new left turning lanes, mast arms, new signal controller cabinet, new wiring, and new signal permit with updated timings for green times on each approach based upon new traffic counts collected.

District 8:  PA 75 over Buck Run

PA 194 (Baltimore Pike) over tributary to Bermudian Creek

District 9:  PA 601 Hollsopple Bridge

District 11:  PA 68, Virginia Avenue/Adams Street

(For PA 414)  PennDOT - District 3 News: Bridge Restriction Announced on Route 414 in Brown Township, Lycoming County

(For PA 435)  PennDOT - District 4 News: PennDOT Reschedules Route 435 Southbound Closure in Lackawanna County

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 8:  PA 501 (College Street) over Tributary to Owl Creek

Strickler Road Br over PA 283 Permanent Repairs

QuoteThe major repair items are the damage to the concrete fascia beam. Repair activities are planned to occur within the existing right-of-way of US 283 WB.
:no:

Roadsguy

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 28, 2023, 07:51:42 AM
QuoteThe major repair items are the damage to the concrete fascia beam. Repair activities are planned to occur within the existing right-of-way of US 283 WB.
:no:

"After all these years. Finally, I have them all."
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.