News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Website Weekends

Started by Alps, August 17, 2009, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsphaltPlanet

If I were local, I'd be interested.  Plus I'd hate for someone to be desperate enough to include wikipedians :)
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

hbelkins

I've been putting all my stuff on Flickr, but I need to update my site pages to provide links to the newer Flickr pages and the EveryTrail GPS tracks.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on November 16, 2014, 07:07:53 PM
If I were local, I'd be interested.  Plus I'd hate for someone to be desperate enough to include wikipedians :)
The beauty of a Website Weekend is that it applies wherever you are. I just figure that a few of us CAN get together. There could be multiple meetups that weekend, in fact!

vdeane

I have quite a backlog for exit lists to add to NYS Roads, so I could attend in spirit.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alps

It's 100 degrees tomorrow. I don't want to even think of being outdoors. Anyone up for a climate controlled website day? Would love to get a small group in the NJ/NYC area as well as sympathizers from cooler parts of the country. Could even start tonight.

US71

Quote from: Alps on June 30, 2018, 05:12:32 PM
It's 100 degrees tomorrow. I don't want to even think of being outdoors. Anyone up for a climate controlled website day? Would love to get a small group in the NJ/NYC area as well as sympathizers from cooler parts of the country. Could even start tonight.

A climate controlled website??   :bigass:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alps

Quote from: US71 on June 30, 2018, 05:43:34 PM

That was cold.

hbelkins

Quote from: Alps on June 30, 2018, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: US71 on June 30, 2018, 05:43:34 PM

That was cold.

Well, they did used to recommend that server rooms be kept quite a bit cooler than other rooms.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Starting a Website Weekend right now. Hoping to push through some updated information this morning and get back to work on long-overdue New Zealand (7 years) in the afternoon. Trying to reignite the creative fire.

Edit: 2 hours in, updated clinched log through 2018 and updated NJ route histories.

Max Rockatansky

I was hoping to post new Florida materials on Surewhynotnow this weekend but I've barely made a dent.  Trouble is every time I sit down is when I get asked to do something or go somewhere.  I'll probably be mostly working on updates Thursday/Friday due to fowl weather in Sierras making a trip to Yosemite not look promising.  I still have to finish the FL 50 series before I can get to some monsters like I-4 and I-275. 

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 27, 2019, 09:33:51 PM
I'll probably be mostly working on updates Thursday/Friday due to fowl weather in Sierras

Damn those birds.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on January 27, 2019, 09:42:01 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 27, 2019, 09:33:51 PM
I'll probably be mostly working on updates Thursday/Friday due to fowl weather in Sierras

Damn those birds.

Battle royale in Yosemite, my ace in the hole my snow chains. 

Really I "think"  that I can get everything done by the end of the week.  I have about a dozen Bay Area Highways coming up the second week February if weather permits for good photos. 

Max Rockatansky

Powered through 4 blogs today; FL 50 Part 4, I-275, I-375/I-175 and FL 679/Pinellas Bay today.  I had to switch my day off to Saturday so that probably doesn't bode well getting through some of the larger stuff I have remaining like I-4.  I'm pretty confident I can finish up blog entries for the Courtney Campbell Causeway and FL 52 but familial obligations seem to have interjected.  The weather in the Bay Area keeps switching by the day but 9 days out is difficult to predict.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.