News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello from Central Kentucky!

Started by Windfarmer, September 25, 2016, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windfarmer

I'm glad to be a AARoads forum member!  :wave:
This account has been mostly abandoned as of 11 January 2018.

noelbotevera

Welcome from the state that is somehow different and hasn't discovered what pop is yet!

Windfarmer

I'be been a lurker for a few days. I am interested in signage, lane markings, interchanges, and types of road. I am also interested in cartography, urban planning, and fictional cities.

noelbotevera

Quote from: Windfarmer on September 25, 2016, 06:15:06 PM
I'be been a lurker for a few days. I am interested in signage, lane markings, interchanges, and types of road. I am also interested in cartography, urban planning, and fictional cities.
I wasn't a lurker for too long. I'm actually the youngest here on the forum, though I've been here since May 2015.

I'm interested in mostly everything related to roads.

Windfarmer

Quote from: noelbotevera on September 25, 2016, 06:18:47 PM
I wasn't a lurker for too long. I'm actually the youngest here on the forum, though I've been here since May 2015.

I'm sorry, maybe your reign as youngest on the forum has ended.

noelbotevera

Quote from: Windfarmer on September 25, 2016, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on September 25, 2016, 06:18:47 PM

Well, I was born on April 22nd, 2004. What about you then?

Windfarmer

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

7/8

noelbotevera

Quote from: Windfarmer on September 25, 2016, 07:11:05 PM
Ah. February 23, 2005.
You are now officially the youngest person on this forum. I applaud you.

SignGeek101

Welcome from pre-Monday Winnipeg MB! I was a lurker since about 2012 or so, and I joined in 2014 (two years was long enough I think). I'm mostly in the 'Canada' and 'General Highway Talk' board.

Age and strength are two things that you can't hold onto forever. I just think of athletes who are really good but after a few years are beaten by someone younger and stronger.

Ah. February 23, 2005.

Yikes I feel old. I remember watching the the American station CNN's coverage of Hurricane Katrina back in the day. I was eight at the time. Soon I will enter the decade of instability, uncertainty and tough decisions...

TR69

Welcome from a fellow central Kentuckian (Louisville) who has to try to remember what it was like to be your age...  :hmmm:

jbnati27

Welcome from greater Cincinnati!!

What part of North Central Kentucky are you from if you don't mind me asking? Are we close?

Windfarmer

Quote from: jbnati27 on September 26, 2016, 11:52:46 AM
Welcome from greater Cincinnati!!

What part of North Central Kentucky are you from if you don't mind me asking? Are we close?

I am from Harrison County (north of Cynthiana, the county seat)
I am about 50-60 miles south of Cincinnati

Quote from: TR69 on September 26, 2016, 05:29:19 AM
Welcome from a fellow central Kentuckian (Louisville) who has to try to remember what it was like to be your age...  :hmmm:

I honestly don't consider Louisville as Central KY. Also, I hope my long-term memory quality holds (I remember things when I was 3)

Quote from: SignGeek101 on September 25, 2016, 11:41:50 PM
Welcome from pre-Monday Winnipeg MB! I was a lurker since about 2012 or so, and I joined in 2014 (two years was long enough I think). I'm mostly in the 'Canada' and 'General Highway Talk' board.

Age and strength are two things that you can't hold onto forever. I just think of athletes who are really good but after a few years are beaten by someone younger and stronger.

Ah. February 23, 2005.

Yikes I feel old. I remember watching the the American station CNN's coverage of Hurricane Katrina back in the day. I was eight at the time. Soon I will enter the decade of instability, uncertainty and tough decisions...

I honestly hope we will stay in peace on our side of the world. I honestly hope me, my brother, and the rest of my family doesn't get into the mess.

jbnati27

Quote from: Windfarmer on September 26, 2016, 03:59:32 PM
I am from Harrison County (north of Cynthiana, the county seat)
I am about 50-60 miles south of Cincinnati

Cool! I actually woke up yesterday in Cynthiana after spending the night and rode my bike to Frankfort! Got to see a lot of KY 32 and KY 607 up close and personal yesterday.

amroad17

Welcome to you from Northern Kentucky.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.