News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NC Senate Drafts Anti-Left Lane Hog Bill

Started by slorydn1, March 17, 2017, 10:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadhurst04

Quote from: kphoger on April 10, 2017, 01:48:10 PM
Quote from: broadhurst04 on April 07, 2017, 02:32:56 PM
Quote from: orulz on April 06, 2017, 04:53:09 PM

I think too many people think that driving in the left lane should give them a free pass to go however fast they want and expect traffic to part like the red sea before Moses. Again, that encourages tailgating.

THIS. The right way to pass is to accelerate TO the posted speed limit get around cars moving well BELOW the posted speed limit (ex. - 60 in a 70). The wrong way to pass is to accelerate ABOVE the speed limit (and stay there) to get around cars that are moving AT the posted speed limit. You shouldn't be able to use one law as an excuse to break another one you don't agree with.

If someone else's speed determines whether or not you think he is entitled to get around you, then you are indeed using one law (the speed limit) as an excuse to break another one you don't agree with (keep right).

And you shouldn't be able to use Keep Right as an excuse to speed.

slorydn1

Quote from: broadhurst04 on April 10, 2017, 10:56:54 PM

I think too many people think that driving in the left lane should give them a free pass to go however fast they want and expect traffic to part like the red sea before Moses. Again, that encourages tailgating.

THIS. The right way to pass is to accelerate TO the posted speed limit get around cars moving well BELOW the posted speed limit (ex. - 60 in a 70). The wrong way to pass is to accelerate ABOVE the speed limit (and stay there) to get around cars that are moving AT the posted speed limit. You shouldn't be able to use one law as an excuse to break another one you don't agree with.

If someone else's speed determines whether or not you think he is entitled to get around you, then you are indeed using one law (the speed limit) as an excuse to break another one you don't agree with (keep right).

And you shouldn't use the speed limit as an excuse to clog up the road.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

kalvado

Quote from: slorydn1 on April 10, 2017, 11:10:13 PM

And you shouldn't use the speed limit as an excuse to clog up the road.

I see multiple problem groups here:
-those who hog the left lane
-those who keep right no matter what - even of that may cause an accident
-those who set artificially low speed limits
-those who fly w-a-ay faster than any reasonable speed
-and one thing that unite all those: being inconsiderate of others.
Be aware of other people, their plans and behaviours, and remember - you are not the only idiot on the road.

To check if you're indeed an idiot: next time you stop your shopping cart in a grocery store, look around and check if others may move around you, and if you could change that by moving over the cart by 3-4"...

kphoger

I don't.  I'm already speeding, whether you're in the right lane or the left lane.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

broadhurst04

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.