AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2018 road trips  (Read 2220 times)

oscar

• Last Login: Today at 04:29:07 PM
    • my Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: 2018 road trips
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2018, 09:54:14 PM »

As I mentioned in connection with last month's Shreveport meet, I used my "round 2" mob-rule.com account to show how I got to and from the meet:

http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/oscar-rd2.gif

The ultimate plan is to add to the U.S. map the counties I re-visited since I completed the U.S. counties in July 2010. However, that will take awhile, since I would need to reconstruct my 2010-2017 U.S. travels including multiple cross-country trips, plus add my other 2018 travels (both several day and overnight trips in VA, DC, MD, DE, and PA, and also forthcoming longer-distance trips).

The "round 2" Canada map is complete, but it only covers Canadian travels since my completion of its counties in July 2016, so that was less work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:40:45 AM by oscar »
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Nanis

• acerbic

• Last Login: April 23, 2018, 06:10:27 PM
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2018, 11:21:28 PM »

until today I had a road trip plan for a whole week. It was for waffle house but we ended up exploring southern Bethlehem and stopping in Plumsteadville, PA
Springtown Hill road is extremely scenic.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15pzSGUsCjf8z5h3pjn_H1Fau5R4dEY2r&usp=sharing the entire trip along with an older trip from April 1st is on here
Map of state roads I have taken pictures for the signs for can be seen here (although four routes ave not been added yet because of their lengths.):
https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/us_route_map/s7vYO7rC80

Eth

• Last Login: Today at 04:32:00 PM
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »

Only thing I have planned right now is a trip up to the Raleigh area in April. If I'm not mistaken, that'll be my first time in North Carolina since I moved back to Georgia in 2011. I already have all of I-85 north of Auburn, AL clinched, so I may look for an alternate way to go. Depending on my exact itinerary (may be visiting family in the area) I might have an opportunity to see how I-42 is progressing.

I got back from this trip yesterday. While I did drive my own car there and back, it was as part of a convoy (this was a group trip), so I stuck with the direct route of I-85 and I-40, though I did divert onto Business 85 through Spartanburg (not previously covered) to avoid construction. As a passenger at the destination, I picked up a few more pieces of I-40, I-440, I-540, US 15/501, US 70, and US 401.

adwerkema

• Meteorology student, board game enthusiast, runner

• Last Login: Today at 04:02:24 PM
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2018, 06:10:54 PM »

Planning on a family vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC this summer. 2 days to travel down, 5 days in SC, and then 2 days to travel back. Deciding if we should take the clockwise route or the counterclockwise route. Anyone know if US 33, I-77, I-40, or I-75 offers better views coming from one direction or another? Particularly thinking of the mountain views. Open to other fun detours as well.

Did you know that it's possible to travel from San Diego to Seattle using only East/West interstates?

Number of States Visited: 41 (#42 - South Carolina - coming this summer!)

hbelkins

• Celebrating another day that Hillary isn't prez.

• Last Login: Today at 02:20:31 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #79 on: Today at 10:30:19 AM »

There are two great southbound views on your trip. Unfortunately, you'll have to choose one of them.

I-77 south at Fancy Gap (VA/NC border) is great. So, too, is I-26 eastbound heading from NC toward SC.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.