News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Longest Distance on a Mileage Sign in Each State

Started by pdx-wanderer, February 13, 2018, 11:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Quote from: CrystalWalrein on March 16, 2018, 10:06:03 PM
On NJ 42 in Turnersville:

The thing about this one: Only Atlantic City can be reached by continuing straight on the road (which involves a route number change from 42 to 322).

In order to access the other 3 roads, and be accurate on the mileage, you have to guess which routes they want you to use!   Logic would dictate 42 to 322 to the GSP, but then again, logic would also dictate one would've taken the faster AC Expressway already...or have taken Rt. 55 for a more direct route!

ilpt4u

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 14, 2018, 09:38:29 PM
For Illinois to a city in Illinois, probably this one with 371 to Chicago on NB I-57 after the IL 3/US 51 interchange

For in Illinois but to a city in another state, probably the first distance sign with Memphis on the bottom line for I-57 - I believe that would be 496 on this sign south of the Manteno Exit.  If there is one for Memphis with a distance over 500 south of I-80 I cannot find it tonight.
I could have sworn there was a Distance Sign with Memphis on I-57 near the I-80 Exit, but I can't find it on Street View

Of course, IL's longest should be on I-55, just South/West of US 41/Lake Shore Drive, with a Distance to New Orleans (or at least Laplace, LA)...

But then again, would you post that Mileage, using all I-55 Mileage, or would you post it using 55->90/94->57->55 more Direct routing?

About the only other Longer Intrastate ones that would be possible, is if US 51 has Mileage to South Beloit from Cairo or to Cairo from South Beloit or if US 45 has Mileage to Antioch from Brookport or to Brookport from Antioch. I don't think those exist, tho

Who knows, if I-57 thru MO and AR actually happens, maybe we'll get Long Distance Controls and Mileage on the I-57/I-30 corridor for Dallas in Chicago and for Chicago in Dallas. At the least, hopefully Memphis can be replaced with Little Rock on I-57, once I-57 actually reaches Little Rock

For Ohio, found someone's Baseball Roadtrip Blog, that has an I-80 East Mileage sign with 405 Miles to NYC on it. Blog is dated from 2011, so a few years old

Sourced from http://toddandstephaniebaseballroadtrip2011.blogspot.com/

thenetwork

I remember seeing a sign or two along I-40 in Flagstaff, Arizona promoting Los Angeles -- somewhere in the neighborhood of 485 Miles.  Probably was one for L.A. being over 500 miles somewhere east of Flagstaff, as well.

hbelkins

Got a pic of Kentucky's yesterday, and as soon as I get it off my camera and onto Flickr, I'll post it here.

At least I'm pretty sure that it is; I don't think there is a mileage sign to St. Louis on I-64 between I-65 and the Ohio River/Indiana state line.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.