News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Omaha West Freeway Stubs Map?

Started by Interstate 69 Fan, May 01, 2018, 07:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate 69 Fan

From Wikipedia:
QuoteAt the intersection of Interstate 480 (I-480) and U.S. Highway 75 (US-75) downtown, there were several bridges and ramps that would have connected to the West Expressway, but the West Expressway project was canceled. The interchange construction was finished in 2014 and unnecessary bridges and ramps were removed.

I tried looking up a map of these stubs from a satellite, or an image, and I could not find them. Anyone know where I could?
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

mvak36

You could try Google Earth desktop version. I think that you can look at historical aerial images on it.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

froggie

Historic Aerials also often has aerial imagery for years that the computer version of Google Earth lacks.

J N Winkler

Nebraska DOT (or Nebraska DOR as it was when this construction was underway) has put plans online since 2002, though it does not archive online that far back.  The bulk of the stub/unused bridge removal was carried out in the second major I-480/US 75 contract, which was advertised in the summer of 2007.  Three major contracts were involved:  IM-480-9(778), IM-480-9(779), and IM-480-9(786), with advertising dates ranging from summer 2005 to summer 2009.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

M86

Thanks, Froggie, for that link! I love historical satellite imagery.
I've always been fascinated by the West Freeway idea in Omaha.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.