News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

1968 and 2018 video footage of Southern California from my roadtrip

Started by zzyzx, June 25, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzyzx

I traveled to Southern California in May and drove more than 500 miles exploring the freeways and scenic routes around Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego areas!
There was so much footage to go through, I had to break it down over 3 videos.

Additionally, I dug up some old film footage from my grandparent's first trip to CA back in 1968.  Turns out they traveled nearly the same routes I did 50 years later!

Aside from rush hour traffic on the 405, it was a mostly enjoyable experience traveling along the Pacific Coast Highway, and the Arroyo Seco Parkway, to name a few.

Was also surprised at the amount of new signage since I was last there in 2010. 

Anyway, here are the videos:

LA Freeways / Hollywood Hills:

Pacific Coast Highway:

San Diego / Coronado / Beaches:

And here is the footage from my grandparent's trip.  It's kinda hard to see the BGS' , but the signs read: "Sorrento Valley Rd." and "Ortega Hwy / San Juan Capistrano"

nexus73

Your grandparents had a brand new 1969 Mustang.  Cruising in SoCal is cool when doing it that way.  Five years later I showed up but alas, no film was shot but I did have a great time driving the freeways!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.