News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Your Favorite movie line(s)

Started by Hurricane Rex, September 14, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Quote from: abefroman329 on September 19, 2018, 02:27:03 AM
Not really a line, but that part where Little Enos is mad and he whinnys, I really wanted to do that recently when I was stuck in line at a grocery store behind someone who wanted to argue over a price difference of $1 on something they wanted to buy.

Also, “What we gonna do, kidnap the Pope or somethin’?” “How’d you guess? No.”

Also not an actual line: Bandit smiling at the camera after he escapes from the cops in Texarkana.
Called breaking the fourth wall.  Many shows do it, especially Sally Field (co star of the film) in Gidget talking to her audience.  Roger Moore did it in the Saint to let us know about the upcoming episode.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

I do not remember the name of the film, but Peter Falk starred in it.  He was the coach of female mud wrestlers and in it one of the lady wrestlers lost money in the cigarette machine (yes you could buy cigarettes from a vending machine before our government passed that rule minors cannot buy tobacco).  So Peter Falk came by with a baseball bat, and informed the lady that there is only one way to talk to these machines before  he struck the machine hard with the bat which then caused all the contents fall out on to the sidewalk.

Sheryl Crowe

kurumi

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?"

"It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find."

"I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf."

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

wanderer2575

"These aren't the 'droids you're looking for...  You can go about your business...  Move along."

(said with a vague wave of the hand to people who are babbling incoherently)

abefroman329

Quote from: kurumi on September 20, 2018, 12:45:07 AM
"Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?"

"It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find."

"I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf."
There's a fine line between clever and stupid.

SSOWorld

Quote from: roadman65 on September 19, 2018, 10:28:01 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on September 19, 2018, 02:27:03 AM
Not really a line, but that part where Little Enos is mad and he whinnys, I really wanted to do that recently when I was stuck in line at a grocery store behind someone who wanted to argue over a price difference of $1 on something they wanted to buy.

Also, "What we gonna do, kidnap the Pope or somethin'?"  "How'd you guess? No."

Also not an actual line: Bandit smiling at the camera after he escapes from the cops in Texarkana.
Called breaking the fourth wall.  Many shows do it, especially Sally Field (co star of the film) in Gidget talking to her audience.  Roger Moore did it in the Saint to let us know about the upcoming episode.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

inkyatari

Quote from: kurumi on September 20, 2018, 12:45:07 AM

"What's it called?"

"Lick my Love Pump."
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

qguy

"Non!"

Marcel Marceau, in Mel Brooks' Silent Movie. The only audible word of dialogue in the entire film is spoken by a mime.

abefroman329

Quote from: qguy on September 20, 2018, 09:12:47 AM
"Non!"

Marcel Marceau, in Mel Brooks' Silent Movie. The only audible word of dialogue in the entire film is spoken by a mime.
" You know, a mime is a terrible thing to waste."

roadman

Quote from: sparker on September 19, 2018, 05:35:00 PM
Memorable stuff from Blazing Saddles:
TAGGART (upon encountering LePetomane Thruway tollbooth out in the middle of nowhere):  "Somebody go back and get a shitload of dimes!"

In light of the controversy regarding the naming of the new Tappan Zee/Governor Mario Cuomo bridge, I am reminded of this line:  "The LePetomane Thruway?!?  Now what will that asshole think of next?"
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

roadman65

From the movie Airplane

Elaine to Ted Stryker in the Hospital conveying his orders from Army Command.

Elaine: I have something for you from Headquarters.
Ted: Headquarters, what is it?
Elaine:  That's a building where generals meet, but that is not important.

Randy the Stewardess to Ted Stryker
Randy:  There is a problem up in the cockpit!
Ted:  The Cockpit!  What is it?
Randy:  That is a place at the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important now.

Dr. Rumack to Ted Stryker
Dr. Rumack: If I can't get these people to a hospital at once, I cant' be sure to save their lives.
Ted:  A hospital, what is it? 
Dr. Rumack; Its a building where they treat patients, but that's not important.

Three scenes portraying the same misunderstanding by three completely different people thinking that Ted wanted to know what three places were instead of concluding that he was referring to the nature of the instance taking place in them, but well written out.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

How could we forget Animal House!

The scene where the one guy vomited on the Dean (played by the late John Vernon) as he was expelling all the frat boys from the university.

The Dean: Well, out with it!
Sick frat boy: No audio, but him making the motion to puke with a priceless look on the Dean's face when he realized what he was going to do on him.  Then cut to the next scene to tell the audience that he did indeed throw up on the Dean;

Sheryl Crowe

roadman

Quote from: roadman65 on September 21, 2018, 11:05:31 AM

The scene where the one guy vomited on the Dean (played by the late John Vernon) as he was expelling all the frat boys from the university.

Sick frat boy: No audio, but him making the motion to puke with a priceless look on the Dean's face when he realized what he was going to do on him.  Then cut to the next scene to tell the audience that he did indeed throw up on the Dean;

QuoteI can't believe I threw up in front of Dean Wormer.
Face it Flounder, you threw up ON Dean Wormer.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

sparker

Quote from: roadman on September 21, 2018, 11:30:56 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on September 21, 2018, 11:05:31 AM

QuoteI can't believe I threw up in front of Dean Wormer.
Face it Flounder, you threw up ON Dean Wormer.

Yeah, there are numerous memorable lines from AH; to wit:

WORMER (when discussing the plan to catch the Delta's cheating on a test): "Take Niedermeyer -- he's a sneaky little shit just like you!"

BLUTO (consoling Flounder after they all were expelled): "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily!"

PHLBOS

Quote from: sparker on September 21, 2018, 12:39:18 PM
Bluto: ...Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: [to Boon] Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman65

How about the scene with the devil and the passed out girl.

F**k her, f**k her brains out!  Suck her t*ts, squeeze her buns.

Sheryl Crowe

Jim

Ghostbusters is full of them for me.  Too many to list, so I'll just point at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/quotes?ref_=tt_ql_trv_4.

Makes me want to pop in that DVD.

Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

Rothman

I was born a poor black child.  -- The Jerk
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

abefroman329

Quote from: Rothman on September 23, 2018, 08:41:34 AM
Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor, get rid of it.

Rushmeister

Quote from: abefroman329 on September 23, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
"He hates these cans!" -Navin Johnson, The Jerk
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

Throckmorton

From Silent Running when Lowell teaches the maintenance drones to play poker:   

"Now this time we'll play another hand and I don't want any mistakes. I mean it's up to you, you know. We're not playin' for 3 in 1 oil here, you know, we're playing for money."   

Proceed with caution

inkyatari

Quote from: Rushmeister on September 25, 2018, 12:45:10 PM
"THERE ARE SNAILS ON HER PLATE!"
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

roadman

He says we're going the wrong way.
Ah, he's drunk.  How does he know which way we're going.  Planes Trains and AUtomobiles

abefroman329

Quote from: roadman on September 25, 2018, 02:00:25 PM
He says we're going the wrong way.
Ah, he's drunk.  How does he know which way we're going.  Planes Trains and AUtomobiles
Her first baby...come out sideways.

abefroman329

Quote from: inkyatari on September 25, 2018, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: Rushmeister on September 25, 2018, 12:45:10 PM
"THERE ARE SNAILS ON HER PLATE!"
Two boobs, that's what they think we are!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.