News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

AZ 88/188 junction at Roosevelt Dam

Started by Max Rockatansky, November 26, 2018, 12:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Put together a small blog post on the history of highway crossings at Roosevelt Dam from the masonry structure up to the modern arch bridge:

https://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/11/bridge-monday-roosevelt-lake-bridge-and.html

SSR_317

Interesting, thanks! I've driven the Old Apache Trail (SR 88) up to Roosevelt Dam and it's quite a spectacular trip, especially at Fish Creek canyon where the dirt road just hangs on the side of a near vertical wall of rock. The SR 188 bridge in indeed one of the most scenic in the state, and I recognize it now on many television commercials for automobile companies.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: SSR_317 on November 29, 2018, 05:10:45 PM
Interesting, thanks! I've driven the Old Apache Trail (SR 88) up to Roosevelt Dam and it's quite a spectacular trip, especially at Fish Creek canyon where the dirt road just hangs on the side of a near vertical wall of rock. The SR 188 bridge in indeed one of the most scenic in the state, and I recognize it now on many television commercials for automobile companies.

I'd probably say its my favorite in the state behind the Gillespie Dam Bridge.  For a modern design the Roosevelt Lake Bridge really nailed a classic look instead of going for some bland cookie cutter design.  I still think its kind of interesting that you can see the original brick top of Roosevelt Dam when the water is low like in one of the photos I used.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.