News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

FINALLY finished my Kentucky route log! (After 31 years!)

Started by bandit957, December 10, 2018, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

This was 31 years in the making, but I automated some of the data from the official shapefile, so I was able to finally finish it!

http://bunkerblast.info/roads
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hotdogPi

While boldly claiming that it's not a primary source might help for Wikipedia (which I think is your intention), primary sources are preferred for almost everything else, like academic research.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

hbelkins

Better snag and process those shapefiles regularly. I know of at least one Kentucky state highway, that's been around long since before I was born, that's going away in the next little bit. KY 1398 in Estill County was traded to the county in exchange for a county route (Reges Road) back in the summer, and KY 1398 will be going to county maintenance before long if it hasn't already. Last I heard, the new number for Reges Road had not yet been established.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

I plan on processing the shapefiles on each national holiday.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Max Rockatansky

And I thought New Mexico was over the top with State Highway designations all over the place..  :eyebrow:

hbelkins

Looks like the change has already been made on the Estill County map and route log. KY 1398 is no longer. Reges Road is signed as KY 35xx (can't remember the number offhand.) I haven't been down that way in awhile, even with the former KY 1398 being only about 9 miles from where I live, to see if the signs for it have been taken down and signs for the newly-designated route put up yet.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.