News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Florida OKs Funding for Suncoast Parkway Extension

Started by theroadwayone, December 17, 2018, 09:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

Quote from: NE2 on December 29, 2018, 06:57:59 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on December 29, 2018, 06:52:44 PM
Quote from: NE2 on December 29, 2018, 04:24:20 PM
Abortions for all!

How is this even relevant to the discussion? Unless you're referring to aborted highway plans and/or construction and/or funding (and etc).

It's more relevant than your one-word "agreed". Suck it.

Well, excuse me for crying out loud!

kevinb1994

Plutonic Panda

roadman65

This road was intended to be a relief route but at the same time a sprawl inducer.  Right now it does serve as commuter route from Pasco County to The Bay Area. It's not useless except it's dangling end at SR 44 in LeCanto unless they do finish it elsewhere, but then even as a proposed hurricane evacuation route it will also feed the politicians into using it for more sprawl especially in undeveloped Citrus, Marion and possibly Levy counties.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

Just was on Citrus County Road 490 and saw that construction is well underway where the future Suncoast Parkway will cross the rural two lane road.  A new parallel pavement is in place to be a detour while the existing roadway is refurbished as well as be a permanent eastbound roadway as when the exchange is completed will be four lanes while passing through the intersection so that when more growth happens the road is at least widened within the interchange.

It looks to me like they are more than ready to get this thing done and with traffic at a stand still in Homosassa Springs on nearby US 19 as it was today, this road is needed to funnel some of that mess away. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Gnutella

If done right, the Suncoast Parkway could be useful in taking traffic off I-75. Connecting it to U.S. 19 north of Inglis would be a great shortcut from Tallahassee to Tampa.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Gnutella on January 11, 2019, 09:47:56 PM
If done right, the Suncoast Parkway could be useful in taking traffic off I-75. Connecting it to U.S. 19 north of Inglis would be a great shortcut from Tallahassee to Tampa.

I would suggest also tying it into the First Coast Expressway.

D-Dey65

Quote from: Gnutella on January 11, 2019, 09:47:56 PM
Actually, the original plan was to take it to Red Level.

My biggest beef with the extension is the realignment west of the originally proposed interchange with US 98, which also runs through the Etna Turpentine Camp Archeological Site. I think they should've kept the originally planned configuration then curved the parkway around the site, and sent it back to where they have it now north of Citrus CR 480.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.