News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

U.S. highways you've clinched in your state

Started by golden eagle, July 11, 2010, 11:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

CA (home):  6, 50, 97, 395 (both north and south of Reno); just a few miles in San Francisco short of completing US 101 in CA and overall

VA (where I live):  48, 50, 211

DC, MD, DE:  all

Also, 50 in UT, MO, IL, IN, OH, WV; 223 in MI and OH (and overall); 15, 219, and 220 in NY and PA; 12 in ID; 6 in UT; 93 in MT; 101 in OR and WA; 45E in TN and 51 in KY (just got those two earlier this month); 23 in TN; 78 in MS; 74 in NC; maybe some others I can't think of right now.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

triplemultiplex

All of Wisconsin's US highways remain unclinched for me.  Closest one is US 8 where I need only drive the tiny segment between US 141 and the border.  Continuing on to Norway, MI will result in my first ever clinching of an entire US highway.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

roadfro

I've been on every US highway in Nevada except US 93 Alt, but I can't say that I've clinched any of them except the business routes.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

andytom

The sections of US hwys that I have NOT been on in OR:

US-199
US-97 south of K Falls (and now around Redmond)
US-395 on its non-multiplexed sections
US-30 on the sections where it leaves I-84 east of I-82

--Andy

SSOWorld

If were talking about out of our state as well, then (in addition to IL and IA that I mentioned before:

US 52, (also close with US 61) in MN and US 50 in CA.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

KillerTux

cjk374

LA:  US 80, US 171, US 65, US 63  :pan:  :-D, US 71.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Bickendan

OR: US 20 from Newport to I-5, OR 22 to Bend.
US 26 from US 101 to just south of OR 35 on Mt Hood.
US 30 I don't have clinched is easier. Southern portion of La Grande, the Huntington split, the Ontario split.
US 97 from Klamath Falls to OR 58, in Bend to the US 20 split.
US 99 from Ashland to the Gold Hill exit on I-5, Grants Pass to OR 42, along I-5 from there, in Eugene to Junction City, I-5 exit 306 to Washington.
US 99W.
US 99E from Tangent to I-5 exit 306.
US 99E Business in Salem.
US 101.
US 199.
US 395 along the I-84/US30 triplex.

CA: US 95 on I-10.
US 99 from (the CA 86S split...) exit 0 to CA 120, along I-5 in Sacramento.
US 101.
US 395 along/from I-15 to CA 36, incl. Bus US 395 in Carson City.
US 6 along I-110...
US 40 and 50 along their historical alignments on I-80/I-580/205/CA120.
US 66 on Foothill Blvd, I-15.
US 91 along the CA 91 route.

AZDude

In Arizona,
US 89
Alt 89
US 93.

Will finish US 60 sometime this year.  And I plan on doing US 70 early in 2011.

yakra

Mainline Routes:
ME: 302 (my only route clinched nationally :P) and 202 (from Bangor downa US20 in Mass.)
NH: 1, 2, 202, 302
VT: 302
IN, WV: 30
I clinched all of US30 in OH back in 2006, but more freeway has been built since then.

Bannered Routes:
ME: 1Byp, 1Bus, and 1Alt in York, Portland, Rockland, and *maybe* Milbridge - Harrington.
NH: 1Byp, secret 302Bus.
WY: 30Bus Rawlins
NV-UT: 93Bus Wendover
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

NWI_Irish96

Indiana:

US Highways: 6, 12, 27, 30 (before it was re-routed around Ft. Wayne), 31, only missing the eastern 15 miles or so of 20

Interstates: 65, 69 (except the new part), 70, 74, 80, 90, 94, 265, 465, 865
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

xonhulu

I've driven on every state highway here in OR, including all the US Routes.

Bickendan

yakra

Heh, do you mean, a cmap for xonhulu? If so, I had the same thought - looked at the site for such a username
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

florida

Florida:
Alt US 90 (Pensacola)
Business US 98 (Pensacola; Panama City; Dade City)
Alt US 98 (Panama City Beach)
US 231
US 331
US 319
US 92
Alt US 27 (Nature Coast)
Alt US 19 (Pinellas County)
US 29
US 221
Business US 1 (St. Augustine)
Business US 41 (Tampa; Bradenton; Fort Myers [pre-realignment])

(Italicized is for a decommissioned route.)
So many roads...so little time.

Eth

I'm pretty sure I haven't managed to clinch any state's segment of a mainline US route, but there are a few that I have all but perhaps a few miles of:

US 331 in Florida (missing the northern 10-15 miles)
US 50 in Maryland (missing inside the Beltway as well as the separate segment out west)
US 3 in Massachusetts (missing inside I-95)

TheHighwayMan3561

Minnesota:

US 218, US 8

Wisconsin:

US 2 (both segments)

Michigan:

US 2 (both segments)

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

FLRoads

For Florida I have all the U.S. Highways clinched except for a small portion of U.S. 319 south of Tallahassee, two portions of U.S. 441 in the greater Miami area, and a couple of portions of U.S. 1 between West Palm and Miami. As far as any Business and Alternate routes in Florida, I have them all clinched.

Ian

PA: US 1, US 202
NJ: US 322
DE: US 202
MD: US 301
VT: US 4
DC: US 50, US 1, US 29
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

I have 88.19% of Florida's U.S. Highways clinched. This is one of the few states where I have them all logged into the cmap project no less:

http://cmap.m-plex.com/stat/region.php?u=aaroads&c=usa&rg=fl&du=mi&sort=ra

I have been on, but not clinched, the two truck routes that my stats show 0% of too. Need to update again...

hbelkins

I'm waiting for the cmap project to come up with a clickable map before I start entering data there. :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

xonhulu

Quote from: hbelkins on July 23, 2010, 02:37:40 PM
I'm waiting for the cmap project to come up with a clickable map before I start entering data there. :-D

Me, too.  Actually writing out all the segments of every highway I've ever driven on would take way too much time and fry way too many of my few remaining brain cells.

Bickendan

Don't do it all in one go then. Do a state at a time; the site will tell you what multiplexes you have as needed. Honestly, if you think entering each route into your log segment by segment is bad, you should see entering each route into the system ;)

froggie

QuoteI'm waiting for the cmap project to come up with a clickable map before I start entering data there.

That discussion was earlier in the year.  On this forum, no less...

QuoteHonestly, if you think entering each route into your log segment by segment is bad, you should see entering each route into the system

Concur...

yakra

Quote from: froggie on July 24, 2010, 09:36:51 PM
QuoteI'm waiting for the cmap project to come up with a clickable map before I start entering data there.
That discussion was earlier in the year.  On this forum, no less...
And elsewhere, too. If this is what's holding some people back form using the site, it's where the project's gonna have to go sooner or later.

QuoteHonestly, if you think entering each route into your log segment by segment is bad, you should see entering each route into the system
Concur...
Me three! As far as brain cells go... maybe there's a correlation, to why I've so few of mine left  :happy:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.