News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Using the internet to track road changes

Started by 6a, July 27, 2010, 05:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6a

I was looking up an address one day and found the aerial photo to be a little off from the current road alignment.

This got my curiosity going so I decided to have a look around town.  I didn't have to go very far - the other half of that exit, to be exact.

Sometimes you run across the fruits of a huge project,

Other times the huge project takes decades to complete  :sombrero:

"I remember when this was all farmland..."

"...or neighborhood."

That last photo fascinates me because by panning around town you can see the interstate system in various states of completion.  For example, the houses in the lower right corner are about to be gone.  Anyone have similar photos?

huskeroadgeek

I've never heard of that historicaerials.com site. Pretty interesting, although it will be more so if they get more widespread coverage. It's mostly major cities now, except for the Northeast and for some reason the entire state of Iowa is covered.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.