News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Montgomery County, AL votes to join toll road agreement

Started by froggie, January 26, 2009, 06:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/news/local/article/montgomery_county_signs_toll_road_agreement/56364/

Montgomery County, AL has voted to join a public/private parternship to build a toll road connecting Montgomery, Dothan, and I-10 (the "I-10/Dothan Connector"), and possibly also extending to Panama City.

lamsalfl

That's great!  This thread just supports a thread I just created about toll roads.  Free alternative.  I used to just be like "interstate or bust", but now I'm also on the toll road bandwagon.  Get it built now!

Alex

Most of the article focuses on the stalled Montgomery bypass, which looks on maps that it will support sprawl more than any other traffic movement with the number of planned interchanges displayed on the Alabama official state map.

lamsalfl

"Shaw said it could take 12 to 18 months to begin construction on the road."  That's it?   :-o :clap:

I assume if the FLA part will be a Turnpike road.

FLRoads

I am sure it will be in conjunction with the Turnpike Authority, if and when it is built.

lamsalfl

Quote from: flaroadgeek on January 26, 2009, 06:19:17 PM
I am sure it will be in conjunction with the Turnpike Authority, if and when it is built.

It'll be built either now or in 50 years.   But, it'll be built.

Crazy Volvo Guy

It's about time.  There needs to be a direct freeway link between Montgomery and Florida I-10.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

golden eagle

Quote from: US-43|72 on March 21, 2009, 03:30:54 PM
It's about time.  There needs to be a direct freeway link between Montgomery and Florida I-10.

How about upgrading US 331 to Panama City?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.