News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-465 S Harding St (SR 37) Reconstruction

Started by tvketchum, December 14, 2009, 09:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvketchum

INDOT will be holding an informational meeting Dec 16 @ 6:00 pm to discuss the upcoming reconstruction of the interchange, at Lincoln Elementary School, 5241 Brehob Rd, Indianapolis IN.

This interchange frequently backs up in all directions, and backs up on 465 because of the traffic volume related to three truck stops and the close spacing of signals at and either side of the interchange.

If there is a candidate for a diverging diamond in Indiana, this would be the one.

RoadWarrior56

If this interchange is the south interchange with SR 37, that would probably be the northern terminus of the I-69 Extension.  It is supposed to use SR 37 south to Bloomington.  Do you know if the interchange reconstruction will either eliminate signals on SR 37, or at least provide for the conversion to an Interstate to Interstate interchange?

rawmustard

Quote from: RoadWarrior56 on December 14, 2009, 10:45:27 PM
If this interchange is the south interchange with SR 37, that would probably be the northern terminus of the I-69 Extension.  It is supposed to use SR 37 south to Bloomington.  Do you know if the interchange reconstruction will either eliminate signals on SR 37, or at least provide for the conversion to an Interstate to Interstate interchange?

It's highly doubtful that I-69 would tie-in at the Harding Street interchange. As of right now, they haven't chosen a specific spot. (Dad has kept up more with the political wrangling as he lives not too far from the area in question.)

Revive 755

RoadWarrior56

The map from the attachment above explains it all.  They will be separate interchanges that will operate close together with the use of braided ramps.

tvketchum

The maps at this point are merely speculation. The Indiana General Assembly, in its usual lack of foresight, intellegence and common sense, passes a measure in 2005 or 2006 which prohibits I 69 from terminating in Perry Township i.e., east of the White River. Whether that lasts or is changed remains to be seen. There was some rumblings in the past about having I 69 follow SR 67 from Indy to Martinsville,  then SR 37 to Bloomington. I know INDOT has indicated this would cause another decade or so of delays as the environmental issues for this route have not been studied, as the SR 37 routing have been. If the original plans are followed when or if the time comes that I 69 reaches Indianapolis, then the maps would be accurate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.