News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

aaroads.com domain registered

Started by Poiponen13, February 17, 2023, 03:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

I don't think the intent is to discourage complaining about other websites.  I mean, if that were the point, then we wouldn't have a 1200+ (and counting) post thread called 'Google Maps just fucking SUCKS now'.

Note, rather, how it's worded:  Any questions about other websites.

While |Poiponen13| didn't technically ask a question about that other forum, his comment could be interpreted as asking why that forum operates the way it does.  More importantly, though, it had absolutely nothing to do with the operation of the AARoads site at all.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on February 28, 2023, 10:27:08 AM
I don't think the intent is to discourage complaining about other websites.  I mean, if that were the point, then we wouldn't have a 1200+ (and counting) post thread called 'Google Maps just fucking SUCKS now'.

It's about as tangential to our hobby as it gets. When someone mentions an unfamiliar place or intersection, that's pretty much the first place I go.

Again, I think the rule has relaxed a bit; witness the Minor Things That Bother You Thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.