News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Road trip to Denver via I-70. Suggestions to stay in Missouri and/or Kansas?

Started by Strider, September 03, 2023, 05:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: kphoger on October 02, 2023, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on September 29, 2023, 11:09:33 PM
In Kansas in particular, make sure to leave plenty of following distance, use your turn signal like they taught you in driver's school, and don't carry large amounts of cash. Random targeted drug enforcement is very active in Kansas.

I have seen zero firsthand evidence of that.

It's probably worth mentioning, though, that the practice is common enough that the Kansas courts have ruled on it a number of times, issuing a various injunctions and so on against the Highway Patrol.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on October 02, 2023, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: kphoger on October 02, 2023, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on September 29, 2023, 11:09:33 PM
In Kansas in particular, make sure to leave plenty of following distance, use your turn signal like they taught you in driver's school, and don't carry large amounts of cash. Random targeted drug enforcement is very active in Kansas.

I have seen zero firsthand evidence of that.

It's probably worth mentioning, though, that the practice is common enough that the Kansas courts have ruled on it a number of times, issuing a various injunctions and so on against the Highway Patrol.

It did happen to me in 2019, although it ended without incident as I think unwittingly I didn't give the cop anything to go off of to justify pushing for a more invasive investigation. After it was over he had already pulled someone else over before I was even able to leave the scene.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.