News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Sine salad

Started by hbelkins, August 29, 2012, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColossalBlocks

Here's a simple salad in Jasper, AL.

I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

7/8

Two Batavia, NY sine salads:

ColossalBlocks

csw

And from about 200 feet to the west:

Although I probably wouldn't consider this one a salad, as they're gantry-mounted and there are only 5 (spread out) shields.

jbnv

Quote from: csw on September 13, 2017, 10:10:23 AM

Although I probably wouldn't consider this one a salad, as they're gantry-mounted and there are only 5 (spread out) shields.

Entree-sized portion of shields, a side of road markers and the proper banner garnish, all on the same serving instrument... looks like a sine salad to me.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

amroad17

Quote from: 7/8 on September 12, 2017, 10:34:33 PM
Two Batavia, NY sine salads:

You should have taken a photo of the taller one on SB NY 98 approaching this intersection.  Come to think of it, the one NB on NY 98 is just as tall.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

PurdueBill

Quote from: jbnv on September 14, 2017, 09:48:34 AM
Quote from: csw on September 13, 2017, 10:10:23 AM

Entree-sized portion of shields, a side of road markers and the proper banner garnish, all on the same serving instrument... looks like a sine salad to me.

Seems to check out OK.  The two 231 shields are different designs (one normal, the other the diseased version that INDOT seemed to use for 231 and 421 for a period); the Lincoln byway shield could be nearer the middle with the left/right arrow but instead is all the way to the right, the 64 shield is extra large.....lots going on.  Could have been even busier if all on one ground assembly, but that's not how INDOT rolls.  INDOT likes the overhead assemblies.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bassoon1986

A little bit of Arkansas salad.

iPhone

ColossalBlocks

formulanone

Leaving the DFW rental car lots:

ColossalBlocks

MarkF

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Takumi on October 30, 2017, 07:16:56 PM
Imgur find

...that's been recycled through Tumblr and the jpg compression algorithm a few times.

Such pictures always remind me of this:

:biggrin:

formulanone

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on October 30, 2017, 07:44:50 PM
Quote from: Takumi on October 30, 2017, 07:16:56 PM
Imgur find

…that's been recycled through Tumblr and the jpg compression algorithm a few times.

Such pictures always remind me of this:

:biggrin:

Posted from Twitter, screenshot posted Facebook, then saved locally, re-posted to imgur, uploaded to Tumblr, screenshot from Tumblr posted from Instagram, stolen by a Facebook group that likes misspelled memes, then sent to a printer accidentally set to 72 dpi, then placed into the office copier, the output is photographed with a 8-year-old cameraphone, and then posted once more to Facebook.

Eventually becomes SoundCloud album cover (feat. *.bmp), which gets re-posted by Kylie Jenner and becomes high art.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kphoger

Quote from: formulanone on October 30, 2017, 09:05:39 PM
Posted from Twitter, screenshot posted Facebook, then saved locally, re-posted to imgur, uploaded to Tumblr, screenshot from Tumblr posted from Instagram, stolen by a Facebook group that likes misspelled memes, then sent to a printer accidentally set to 72 dpi, then placed into the office copier, the output is photographed with a 8-year-old cameraphone, and then posted once more to Facebook.

Eventually becomes SoundCloud album cover (feat. *.bmp), which gets re-posted by Kylie Jenner and becomes high art.

I think you just achieved a new level of . . . something.
Whatever it is, I'm impressed.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

7/8

Taken today in Marquette, MI. M-553 at M-28/US 41

formulanone

Michael

This sign salad is near Utica, NY.  Would it be a moldy salad since the signs should be blue instead of green?

TBKS1

Does this technically count as a sign salad?

Edit: I should also note that this sign wasn't meant for more than 12 routes.

Bus Route Sign Salad by TBKS1, on Flickr
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

US 89

Here's one in St. Louis:

txstateends

Quote from: roadguy2 on February 12, 2018, 12:38:43 AM
Here's one in St. Louis:

The I-64 and US 40 shields are supposed to have what direction here, east or west?
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

jeffandnicole

Quote from: TBKS1 on February 11, 2018, 10:37:04 PM
Does this technically count as a sign salad?

Edit: I should also note that this sign wasn't meant for more than 12 routes.

Bus Route Sign Salad by TBKS1, on Flickr

1)  No, it's one sign, just noting the different routes.  A sign salad would be a separate sign for every route.

2)  Yes, it looks like the 7 Bus was an add-on after the sign was installed.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.