News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Longest state lines with no interstate crossings

Started by webny99, April 21, 2021, 10:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skluth

Quote from: GaryV on April 22, 2021, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on April 21, 2021, 11:55:47 PM
An interesting question 3 might be, for each state, what is the longest stretch of state line between crossings? i.e. measuring from one Interstate to the next along that state's boundaries.

Michigan:  Start at I-94 going into IN.  Continue to and up the middle of Lake Michigan, into Green Bay (the bay, not the city), along the MI/WI land border, up around Isle Royale, over to the St Marys River, down Lake Huron through to Lake Erie, around the corner along the Ohio border and end where I-75 crosses the line.

Montana along its northern borders is probably even longer.

No interstate crosses international boundaries. By your logic, the longest stretch of a state boundary without interstates would be Alaska which has a border of over 1500 miles with Canada.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: skluth on April 28, 2021, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: GaryV on April 22, 2021, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on April 21, 2021, 11:55:47 PM
An interesting question 3 might be, for each state, what is the longest stretch of state line between crossings? i.e. measuring from one Interstate to the next along that state's boundaries.

Michigan:  Start at I-94 going into IN.  Continue to and up the middle of Lake Michigan, into Green Bay (the bay, not the city), along the MI/WI land border, up around Isle Royale, over to the St Marys River, down Lake Huron through to Lake Erie, around the corner along the Ohio border and end where I-75 crosses the line.

Montana along its northern borders is probably even longer.

No interstate crosses international boundaries. By your logic, the longest stretch of a state boundary without interstates would be Alaska which has a border of over 1500 miles with Canada.
If we count nation-states then the Russia-Kazakstan border has no Interstates crossing it. Then again, neither does the US-Canada border so that would win.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.