What do you like on your tacos/burritos?

Started by Roadgeekteen, April 02, 2021, 04:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

I eat almost everything, for the meat I like steak the best.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

For tacos, traditional: Cilantro, Onion, Lime (Pastor-style pork or lengua tend to be my favorite meats)

For burritos: Chorizo or Carnitas for the meat, then whatever for the most part inside as long as it's smothered in pork green chili.

Chris

Scott5114

Just seasoned ground beef and cheese (asadero if possible, if not, cheddar). I find that adding vegetables has a tendency to make the shells soggy.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

interstatefan990

Personally, I can't (or just wouldn't like to) have tacos/burritos without salsa. It just feels really dry otherwise. Also, I can't stand black beans. As for the rest, chicken, Mexican cheese, lettuce, tomato, and maybe rice does the job for me.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Big John

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 02, 2021, 04:38:33 PM
Just seasoned ground beef and cheese (asadero if possible, if not, cheddar). I find that adding vegetables has a tendency to make the shells soggy.
same here.

JayhawkCO

Maybe this goes in the unpopular opinions thread, but hard shell tacos are an abomination.  White corn soft all day.

Chris

Rothman

Beef or chicken or carnitas.  Cheese, lettuce, onions, beans, salsa, rice...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

About anything and everything offered by the local taco trucks around me. 

kphoger

onions, cilantro, salsa

But I'm not picky.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

OCGuy81

I really don't discriminate much when it comes to tacos.

I'd say good grilled steak with some onions, cilantro, and a bit of lime juice.

Tripa (tripe) is among my favorite type as well, but not as easy to find.

webny99

Basically everything offered by Moes or Chipotle.

Quote from: Rothman on April 02, 2021, 05:01:19 PM
Beef or chicken or carnitas.  Cheese, lettuce, onions, beans, salsa, rice...

I can get on board with that. Also fajita vegetables, sour cream, diced tomato (preferred to salsa IMO), guac...

JayhawkCO

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 02, 2021, 06:14:55 PM
I really don't discriminate much when it comes to tacos.

I'd say good grilled steak with some onions, cilantro, and a bit of lime juice.

Tripa (tripe) is among my favorite type as well, but not as easy to find.

Buche is even better than tripa.  Pretty common around here.

Chris

Ned Weasel

Chicken, beans, rice, and every vegetable you can stuff into it.  I don't care if it falls apart when I'm eating it; I'll still pick up every last piece and savor it.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

kurumi

Pollo asado, a little bit of Spanish rice, jalapeños and orange sauce. Best if the tortilla is charred a little bit. And more orange sauce to drizzle on top for each bite.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kernals12

CoreySamson

Here's what I like on mine:

- Ground beef (not shredded chicken, but I did have an insane taco once at a summer camp that had fried chicken on it)
- Any cheese
- Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Rice
- Pico de gallo (pretty important, as it provides kick and flavor)
- Refried beans (one of the most underrated foods in my opinion)
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.