Wikipedia road pages being the featured page of the day

Started by SoCal Kid, May 13, 2019, 07:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal Kid

Went on Wikipedia and saw I-94 in Michigan as the featured article. The second time I've seen a road-related page being featured. Have you seen any road pages being featured before?
Are spurs of spurs of spurs of loops of spurs of loops a thing? ;)

Max Rockatansky

Wasn't King's Highway 420 featured this last 4/20?

SoCal Kid

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 13, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Wasn't King's Highway 420 featured this last 4/20?
Yup the first time I saw a highway be featured
Are spurs of spurs of spurs of loops of spurs of loops a thing? ;)

froggie

Scott5114

Quote from: SoCal Kid on May 13, 2019, 07:04:18 PM
Went on Wikipedia and saw I-94 in Michigan as the featured article. The second time I've seen a road-related page being featured. Have you seen any road pages being featured before?

There is an active contingent of roadgeeks on Wikipedia improving articles to featured status. A few of them are over here too.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bruce

Yep. We maintain a list of articles that have been on the Main Page, along with pageviews and other stats.

The articles that make the Main Page have to go through general peer review and receive the "Featured" rating, which is the highest honor bestowed on the site. They are then picked at random by curators, or reserved for special dates (e.g. WA 520 appeared on the second anniversary of the new floating bridge opening).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.