News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

How do I change my avatar to a shield?

Started by MisterSG1, February 19, 2015, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterSG1

I'd like to use an Ontario Highway 410 shield as my avatar but it won't let me do it, what am I doing wrong?

Zeffy

Is the avatar you are trying to upload larger than 80 x 80 pixels? There's also a filesize limit, which I believe is 1-2 MB.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Molandfreak

Am I asking too much, or is there any way you guys can change the avatar function so that:
A. it'll automatically resize, or
B. you can crop it to your liking once you've uploaded it?

The way it's done now causes so many problems for the not-so-technologically proficient. I don't have photoshop on my laptop (the main computer that I use), so when I'm in the mood for a new avatar, I frequently have to zoom out on the image and take a screenshot until it's the right size. Different ways might just not be allowed in SMF, but it's a far, far, far better way to do it.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

vdeane

Paint can resize an image.  Don't know what OS you use, but the Windows 7 version has it is the image section of the Home tab on the ribbon.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Molandfreak on February 20, 2015, 12:10:20 AM
The way it's done now causes so many problems for the not-so-technologically proficient. I don't have photoshop on my laptop (the main computer that I use), so when I'm in the mood for a new avatar, I frequently have to zoom out on the image and take a screenshot until it's the right size. Different ways might just not be allowed in SMF, but it's a far, far, far better way to do it.

Best way is to download GIMP.  It's pretty simple to resize an image in it, and it's FREE! ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.